Return to Index  

Can't beat George's pics.

April 4 2013 at 8:01 PM
Steve.k  (Login steve.k)
from IP address 69.31.198.134

Response to Factory Block Ground

George's pics give a accurate description of where the grnd from battery should be. However if you ran grnd to frame and then to block it should still work I would think. 73merc before you change all your wiring just try getting engine hot and see if it starts. If it does not want to start back timing off on distributor and see if this helps. Unless your ground cable is the right length to fit now, then you are not out money for cables. If I remember right the stock timing on these engines is 6 degrees so at 12 you are doubling the factory setting. This is to high when engine is warm I still beleive and you will run into starting troubles. Yes if you replace cables and go to high torque starters it will help but it all costs money. All that needs to be done is a simple recurve and it will start fine. The ground strap for lights is on firewall and bolts to intake manifold bolt. I have the same car!Steve

This message has been edited by steve.k from IP address 69.31.198.134 on Apr 4, 2013 8:06 PM

Respond to this message