Return to Index  

Re: This is what I'm wondering!

August 14 2013 at 10:56 PM
Pat  (Login torinopat)
from IP address 68.238.77.231

Response to This is what I'm wondering!

Ok, I was going to try to avoid this but here goes. I have lost clevelands both ways in the same motor. The valve dropped in my first cleveland that was a street motor but due to me being 17 years old saw frequent 6500 rpm blasts. When I tore it down to inspect the carnage I found that another cylinder had split, I assume it had been pretty recent because I hadn't noticed any excessive water usage. It's possible that when the motor locked up on the broken valve that it caused another cylinder to split? I suppose thats possible. I don't think you could count on any block surviving a valve being wedged into it at 3000 rpm.

Now for the part that I can't bring myself to ignore. This afternoon it was 800HP pro stock motors using production blocks, now its a supercharged 2200 hp monster! It must have been one of those blocks that was "prepped" by throwing it in the furnace and recasting it as a Man-o-war block. Maybe he cracked his main saddles on his first desktop dyno run , and never had a chance to split a cylinder wall.

What was it that Charlie Brown used to say, GOOD GRIEF!

Respond to this message   
Responses