Return to Index  

Embeco machinist grout.......

August 15 2013 at 8:41 AM
DAVID  (Login D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.)
from IP address 108.208.41.182

Response to Thanks David!

Yea, I never split a cylinder wall on a block filled with Embeco machinist (aka anchoring) grout. Originally years ago I when I wanted to try grout for the first time I didn't know where to get the stuff. But the guy doing my machine work at the time said to just get it from Reher & Morrison since they were just down the road. It was a lot cheaper than the other grout based products on the market (it was either HardBlok or Moroso I looked into at the time), and no worries about the Embeco stuff getting soft as engine heat increased like the Devcon epoxy/resin based stuff supposedly did.

I haven't purchased any in a while, but it should be a lot easier to find the Embeco 885 mix or their 636 mix these days. Hell if somone wanted the stuff & couldn't find it in their town I'm sure they could buy it online.

As for the furnace brazed blocks if blizz still has it posted somewhere on the Cleveland wiki page, there is a scanned article there on how the brazing procedure was done back in ancient times.

my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DILLIGASDAVE/videos?view=0

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses