Return to Index  

forget the 460 I think you need to build a billet top fuel block with removable sleeves

September 2 2013 at 9:57 AM
joe  (Login methylated)
Moderators
from IP address 184.5.234.211

Response to Let me clarify

or a caterpillar deisel ...

Ford made 10's of millions of v8's with walls as thin as the cleveland and how many have you heard of cracking a wall without being caused by a dropped valve or really high output and high engine speed ? I can tell you that you have heard of EVERY cleveland cracking a wall by anyone who has the use of the WWW because they get off on posting that gory stuff ! The internet does not accurately reflect the experiences of the majority.

Do you think the other manufacturers would have used cylinders much thicker than Ford considering that nothing ever happens unless you drop a valve or hot rod one up over 1.5 hp per ci and then thrash it for a whole season ? nobody in detroit had a warranty that would cover those things so they didn't care , and less metal means more profit .

If it's drag only hardblock it because the extra weight will be paid for in terms of output .If it's a street car it's like swallowing a fly , then swallowing a spider to eat the fly , etc !

YOU WANTED THE BEST ?
WELL THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT !
SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET !

Respond to this message