Return to Index  

Budget and video

September 7 2013 at 6:37 AM
Will  (Login pantera72)
from IP address 24.150.128.47

Response to "will"....what is your budget?

Hmmmm. By reasonable budget, I meant I dont have an open chequebook. I know at times when requesting suggestions, people will suggest items that are complete overkill for the project.
No sense buying a $3000 crank when I can find a cheaper crank that will handle the 900 hp.
Im hoping to build a turbo motor with 377-408 ci. Pistons and cam will be the last thing I buy in case I decide to go NA. In that case, it wont be 900hp. Maybe 650.
Why might things change? In case my life changes. I am a small business owner and every year is different. I also have 3 growing kids. So therefore the budget is not unlimited.
Im also keeping my eyes open for a complete new build that may come up for sale when someone cant go ahead with their project. I've seen some new pro built motors go for $9500 after they spent $13k. Not too common, but they come up.
Im hoping to get a build recipe and start to accumulate parts. Im a deal hunter. I just picked up a new FRP block for about 65% of new cost. Just made a deal for a set of yates heads (I hope they'll work for my combo). No hurry. I currently have a stroker cleve and that keeps a smile on my face in the meantime.
Btw, here's a video of a launch from an open 1/2 mile race I was at a couple of weeks ago. Winner was a Lambo Aventador followed by a couple of twin Porches. Thats's why I want twin turbo's wink.gif

www.ididthat.ca/download/RtR_Will.mov

Yes my shifts were slow. Its not a drag car and the transaxle is quite expensive so I made sure the shifts were positive.
Have a good weekend guys and thanks for any build info you might be able to share.
Will

This message has been edited by pantera72 from IP address 24.150.128.47 on Sep 7, 2013 7:29 AM

Respond to this message