Return to Index  

the stories about the cylinder walls are great , very entertaining

September 8 2013 at 11:56 AM
joe  (Login methylated)
Moderators
from IP address 184.5.130.114

but it wont pass for science . we need sonic test results.

I dont believe that the 72 and up windsors were thicker than the cleveland , and I'd bet money that the 302's from virtually all eras were thinner , in more places than just the walls ! they made one in the eighties that was so thin it would distort the main bearing bore when running , release the grip on the bearing , fail the bearing , but when they took it apart all the dimensions checked out true !
they hired engineers from outside to figure that one out.

Even if we're gonna share stories on the 351c how about the sbc ? how many people have cracked the bores in those ? We cant gain any real perspective without comparisons

I've already said that I dont believe that ford made a habit of producing blocks of any kind that were much thicker than the cleveland because it was never a warranty concern...and it cost less ...

people DO crack chevy walls and burn rod bearings too ! They chalk it up to shit happening ... cleveland enthusiasts have read so much bad press over the years coming from GM oriented publications that you would be surprised that a cleveland ever ran at all .

YOU WANTED THE BEST ?
WELL THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT !
SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET !

Respond to this message   
Responses