Tomorrow Sept 3rd..

September 2 2013 at 7:07 PM

blizz  (Premier Login blizzardND)
from IP address 208.107.85.226

We will meet at the Rotunda...

[linked image]

stay tuned..

blizz

351C.net, Just say no to multi groove keepers..

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
jak
(Login jak351)

Re: Tomorrow Sept 3rd..

September 3 2013, 2:59 AM 

its 3rd of sep here already in Australia don't make me wait till the 4th lol

Respond to this message   
Travis
(Login hrspwrphantom)

Release the crack'n!! n/m

September 3 2013, 6:17 AM 

Respond to this message   

blizz
(Premier Login blizzardND)

Were movin on up.. to 351c.net/rotunda

September 3 2013, 8:02 AM 

Check it out, log in, lets spend this week or so fine tuning..

After this week, I'll be disabling posting here, and this forum will be saved as a perpetual storage vault of information. I will continue to pay for it and keep it pop up ad free, but it was time to move ahead with a more modern platform.

It was not without much trepidation, I check into this old 119419 net 54 Forum about 20 times a day, as I have for the last 5 years or so as owner, and before that, like many of you members that check in several time a day before that.

She's been a good old hot rod, but the VBulletin site will help keep information more organized and perhaps more helpful for new members looking for an answer to the question that brought them to our forum in the first place.

Of course we wouldn't have a forum without all of you, your participation is the big thing that motivates me to invest in the change. So your input is relished and will be well received.

I set up a subforum there, right on top to discuss the new forum, what we could add, what should be combined, whatever you think. I'm just a car guy like you. I'm not a website developer, but I am learning new skillz every day when it come to this stuff.

Let me know, go there, create a new login, please use our same name as here, (I cannot transfer memberships sad.gif ) and let me know what you think..

see ya on the "other side"

todd
BlizzardND

ps if any of you out there are Vbulletin wizards I'd love some help with a couple of things.. email me.. ~blz

Respond to this message   
Adam
(Login jl4043)

All done!

September 3 2013, 5:14 PM 

I have signed up on the new site but have changed my login from jl4043, back to the original jl4049 that I had here for approx 10 years before I had to change it.....

Respond to this message   
jerome
(Login Windsland)

Re: Were movin on up.. to 351c.net/rotunda

September 3 2013, 8:35 PM 

Signed up at the Rotunda. Some basic tools not found.

No key word search box.

No post-a-new-topic button.

No log off button.

Running Win Xp and IE8 on this end.

Respond to this message   
bopper
(Login hardbopper)

Hmmm...

September 3 2013, 6:40 PM 

That's gonna take some gettin used to. All metric and new agey...
b

Respond to this message   

Coupe3w
(Login coupe3w)

Signed up.....

September 3 2013, 6:52 PM 

....but can't say I like it. Just so use to the format over here was easy to find what I was looking for. Now everything is,well, every where.
So is there a particular forum where "us old timers" from here can meet up and continue our threads there?
I don't mind change, but I hate confusion.

Respond to this message   

6T9Stang
(Login 6T9Stang)

Re: Signed up.....

September 3 2013, 9:07 PM 

"I don't mind change, but I hate confusion"

The layout does seem very busy to me also. Way too organized for my scattershot brain to process. Feels like I'm taking a test I didn't study for...

-------------------------------------
Doug
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Brian Guggenmos
(Login b.guggenmos)

September 3 2013, 9:20 PM 

Signed up but that is going to take some getting used to. I guess I am used to looking here at the topics that interest me on the first page rather than search by a category. Brian

Respond to this message   

DragBoss
(Login DragBoss)

September 3 2013, 10:55 PM 

See What Happens, I guess??????

Respond to this message   
jak
(Login jak351)

September 3 2013, 10:57 PM 

mmmmmmm the good thing with the network54 is everyone that comes to the site see's every post, as its all in one spot all the traffic see's your posts
with the new forum questions will go unanswered for longer because of the layout

the only thing i see wrong with the network54 is when some one replies to a thread it does not always go to the bottom so the thread get confusing when it gets long because the newest reply could be in the middle of the thread somewhere

i dont want to sound ungrateful blizz i love this cleveland forum i read it daily. but the simplicity was a good thing in my eyes i

is the new site finished or still a work in progress??????

jak

This message has been edited by jak351 from IP address 58.179.155.219 on Sep 3, 2013 11:00 PM

Respond to this message   

blizz

work in progress...

September 3 2013, 11:33 PM 

I love this old forum to guys, I have been coming here for 12 years, I'll see what I can do to make the new one a bit more friendly.. unfortunately there's not much flexibility there either.. sad.gif

I'll leave this one up for posting at least a couple more weeks, while I mess with the new one. Just today I'm starting to understand the user posting and how all that works..

hang in there with me, it should be better a bit further down the road..

-blizz

Respond to this message   
DAVID
(Login D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.)

I changed "D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S." to "DILLIGASDAVE" because......

September 3 2013, 11:49 PM 

....I used D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. on all my old net54 sites, and DILLIGASDAVE on most all of my new stuff.

Some people won't have a problem with the change and they will like it, and some will hate it, it can't be helped blizz. All you can do is make the move & see what happens.

The same thing happened when Chilly moved the old 460 forum from net54 to a new site, some liked it, and some bitched. You do loose some of the "down home" informal appearance of the single "all topic" main page setup like net54 has. But usually you gain more modern convinces on the newer sites (usually assorted stuff like private messaging & more extensive posting options).

The down side to Chilly's move from net54 to the new host was there were problems (for whatever reasons) and he then moved the site again from that host to a 3rd hosting site, aaaand then a short time later sold it. The new owners loaded the site up with regular banner adds, sub forums sponsored by advertisers. And worst of all the annoying associated "word pop-up" link ads that appear in someone's post text (words like "tire" "oil" "car" "alignment", or any damn word to link an add to). I don't use this current evolution of Chilly's 460 site much anymore (460ford.com). Too many adds, and it kinda seems like fewer 460 knowledgeable people hang out there now (or maybe they are still there, but just spending less & less time there). And there are some people (for some stupid reason) that post their questions in the old site's archived sections, and then they get pissed when they don't get many answers. I thought the archives there were supposed to be locked to prevent this problem, but I guess not.

About the same time all this drama was unfolding at Chilly's 460 site during the moves/down times, a member there (Nick Bruno) started his own 460 site as a temp backup site to Chilly's site during it's down times. Only problem for Chilly was a bunch of people there ended up liking Nick's site better. It was a slightly simpler layout without all the annoying "word-pop" adds (429-460.com).

Blizz, I will say at first glance I do like the look of the new Cleveland site, but IMO it might have a smidge too many sub forums to keep track of (well, for my few remaining brain cells anyway). Maybe it could be pruned down just a little. Maybe an all inclusive "engine tech" page (like Chilly's or Nick's sites has) might be easier to keep track of then many different separate pages for "head" "intake" "bottom end" (etc, etc). Either way I will miss posting on the old site, and enjoy using the new one.

my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DILLIGASDAVE/videos?view=0

[linked image]

This message has been edited by D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. from IP address 108.208.41.182 on Sep 3, 2013 11:55 PM

Respond to this message   

blizz

Thanks David..

September 4 2013, 8:17 AM 

I have no desire to make more than break even on the ads, by Google Adsense rule I can only have 3 per page, I tucked 2 at the top out of siteline and one below the new post column on the right.

those 3 are 3 more than I could have here on Net54, since the entire net 54 got bounced from Google a year ago.

If I could figure out how, I'd create rotating ad for Scotts heads and Tods block, just to help out my friends but that will have to wait a few weeks.

until then I'll keep adjusting things.

I looked at the 460 forum for ideas, I even looked at some chebby sites, actually it was the 460 site, that let me on to VBulletin. to Bad for me (us), I purchased VBulletin 5 the newest latest version.

It wasn't until it was purchased, installed, and set up that I realized even though its 2 years old, nobody uses it, they all stayed on verion 4 where there is mountains and mountains of support and 3rd party development in the form of skins and enhancements. which is why Chillys site looks so fancy, (it has a 3rd party skin.)

To make it way easier for all to see the new posts on the new forum, FIRST LOGIN, then go to the "home" page.. right below the 351c.net logo is a bar that says Forums, groups and Archive Wiki, right below that is a "mark channels read" click on that, and all the old posts I have copied to the site the blue thingy next to the post or forum, will go gray. when something new is posted, it will then be Blue, that tells you something is new, and you should look at it.

that should help, also note that this forum isn't that much different than the old one except that it is all on on page, so all you have to do is scroll down.

See how it mimics the old index,

335 Engine Tech The main forum on top just renamed & then broken down by topics)

Classic Cleveland which replaced the 4V Forum

351C Engine Archive which is the old engine archive but broke down a bit by build type (which is something I couldn't do on net 54)

Cleveland Car specific topics is new, I thought is nifty to have all the Torino related posts in one spot, and the Pantera topics separated it helps the new guy with header fitment issues on his car type find like posts all in one place, and just like a car show where you group cars by type, those members start to PM each other and become online friends.

Classified Ads same as before but now broken out just a bit for WTB , Cars , Parts, & Collectibles

The Garage used to be the bench, but we needed more room happy.gif

finally

Photos ad Videos self explanatory..

If anyone posts something in the wrong forum, I can now, move them, so I have no problem If anyone just likes to post in the general topics, I'll leave the post there for a few days, until the responses slow down, then I'll move it to where it best fits, its easy for me to do, and it might help during the transition.

~blzz

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index