~ Return to 'Son Of Xweb' here ~

  Return to > DF  

I now know a new word ..STRUTS !!!

March 18 2008 at 2:11 AM

iv been searching and searching on the forum for SHOCK ABSORBERS only to realize and find out that they are called STRUTS ...i now also know that a STRUT is a complete unit of coil spring+shock absorber etc...

i need to replace the shock absorbers (at least i thought it was shock absorbers) on the X..its has no resistance whrn u press down on it and when i come of the paveing the tyre touches the arch....

The X does not have a shock absorber as such but rather a CARTRIDGE (similar to shock absorber),that is housed in the struct compontent ??? Right ???

Is this the only part i need to replace -the CARTRIDGES- (i found some Monroe, dont know the model though) and the guy will let me have them for 38 Euros each (VAT is included in the price)... do you think Monroe are worth it, or should i pay some more money for something more similar (like the KYB ones mentinoed int eh Best of Section ) ???

should i not worry about the old Coil springs ????

Shed some light before i waste my money !!!!



 Respond to this message   

Xweb 'Calling All Cars' Bulletins:
Be sure to add yourself to Xweb's Registry and User Map
Xweb BUG REPORT/Q&A can help you get around!
Special section: X1/99 Concept forum

Xweb Forums Contacts:
Forums Moderators: Moderators moderators AT xwebforums.org
User Registry: Mark H markyharris AT gmail.com
User Map: Andrew rooy AT new.rr.com

XANA Homepage:
Xweb 101
Best of ...