Front end lock-upMay 5 2008 at 9:33 AM
any one experienced this on their X and if so what did you do about it?
I have not got my '89 on the road yet and all hydraulics, pipes, pads and discs have been renewed front and rear.....
How ever, as I recall years ago when I had my '79, the car was particularly prone to the fronts locking at the slightest touch, creating many a 'brown pants' moment, so just wondered if mods like proportioning valves or bigger rear calipers etc have been used.
Or will the new stock and tyres cause this not to happen?
- Hmmmmmmmmmm - JJ on May 5, 2008
- wha????? - Greg Silver on May 5, 2008
- I think you may have had... - Jim W. on May 5, 2008
- Only under 'panic' braking conditions! - Ian Lawson (NZ) on May 5, 2008
- New to me? HUH!?!?!?!?!? - Alex (SoCal) on May 5, 2008
- Skipitty Yep, you betcha... - RMMJ on May 5, 2008
- I have had to put my weight into it - DougESmith on May 5, 2008
- yup, have had this, and how Im hoping to fix it.... - Andrew Coles on May 5, 2008
- Sorry no answer, but . . . - Tim in Aurora, IL on May 5, 2008
- Vin# - Daz on May 6, 2008
- I useta get that a lot also... especially in the wet... My 90% cure was... - Tony Natoli, SoCal on May 5, 2008
- Umm . . . I'm afraid I hafta . . . - Colin Duckworth on May 5, 2008
- would love to hear from the likes of Jim Fierst, and Steve Hoelscher and ... - greg s on May 5, 2008
- Stuck rear brakes - Ulix on May 5, 2008
- A comprehensive discussion about braking..... - Chris A on May 6, 2008
- Yes, They Do and Can - Bernice on May 6, 2008
- Had a very serious front end lockup issue on my 87 X - Damonfg on May 6, 2008