~ Return to 'Son Of Xweb' here ~

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >> Return to > DF  

Ch Ch Changes...

October 23 2008 at 1:13 PM
Tommy 

Few things I've done will waiting to get medical clearace to go back to work...

I have a strong disdain for the shade of orangish/tan that was in the car and I've never thought that blue and brown are a good match anyway...

So here's what I did. I got a nice used black carpet from an 86, Dyed the door panels, and installed some seat covers that I got at Checker for 25 each and they are called "vent". They fit and look better than I thought they would.

I also installed a false rear wall that is about 2.5" deep all the way across but about 6" thick in the spare tire area. It's divided into to seprate chambers and each one has about .5 Sq ft volume, which is optimal for the two 8" shallow mount pioneer subwoofers. The subs are driven by a Sony "1200 watt" 2-channel amplifier - yeah right, more like 300 watts RMS at "listenable" levels. I am building a custom enclosure for the amp and capacitor, but it's not photo ready yet.

I am 5'8" and I sit with the seat pretty much near straight up anyway (for posture) so I got used to it pretty quick. A taller person would likely have a problem with it, I am guessing. For me, they way it sounds and FEELS, is way worth the trade off of not being able to lean the chair back a few more inches.

Enough words, we'll let the pictures speak...
Before:
Photobucket

After:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

If ya notice the dog hairs by the subs. That's beacuse my 8 year old St. Bernard, Isabelle, has advanced and inoperable liver cancer and is too weak to get in and out the Rodeo, and the sky is too small. So, I pull the passenger seat, lay down a few blankets and she happily rides there. She fits perfectly, and it's relatively easy for her to get in and out of. You should see the look on people's faces when she sits up and sticks her head out the window at stop lights. Everyone loves the big dog! And she's a big old ham, so she loves it too. Since she only has a very short time left to live, I take her to all my wife's ballgames where she can be with people. That's when she is happiest.

My sweet Isabelle -
Photobucket
Photobucket

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tommy

Oh yeah, And I painted the dash black too...

October 23 2008, 1:23 PM 

Cleaned and prepped it with alcohol and a maroon scotchbrite then, primed and painted it with "Fusion" Paint for platics. I was a bit skeptical but it worked great and I have another dash that is better shape that I am going to patch all the little cracks, and paint it too! I still have a console that needs to be modded to accept some modern electronics and get painted as well.

T

Respond to this message   
Herzel Frenkel

Tell us more about the dogie, Tommy. The X can wait.

October 23 2008, 2:17 PM 

Please.

HaXD
Herzel, in Israel

WhiteX
The late Green '85 X1/9

Respond to this message   
Tommy

When the time comes I will give her a proper memorial.

October 23 2008, 3:19 PM 

I appreciate the sentiment though. Very much so...

Tommy

Respond to this message   
Brian

I feel for ya bud

October 24 2008, 9:07 AM 

I know how depressing these things can get Tommy. I had to euthenize one of my cats (13 years old) because of Liver Cancer. You feel so sorry for them and it hurts so much, but there's nothing that can be done. I feel for you my friend. Enjoy all the time with your baby that you can. Be strong bud.

Respond to this message   
Tommy

Thanks Brian...

October 25 2008, 8:45 PM 

I've had to face this before with other animals but this time is just so much more difficult becuase she was (still is) such a great dog. Everybody who knows and loves Isabelle is really sad right now.

Thanks again for the support and encouragement.
Tommy

Respond to this message   
Stockton Brad

Unless that brown upholstery was more beat up than is apparent in that pic, Tommy

October 23 2008, 4:20 PM 

I prefer the brown to the Holstein look.

Regards

Respond to this message   
Tommy

Holstein? Haha. Well, I hate the baby poop brown that much! lol

October 23 2008, 6:25 PM 

It looked really bad with black carpet and doors too.

I am looking for something a bit more racy, but all black seats get really hot in AZ and the white(ish) part stays cool(ish). I wish they made them in a black and gray combo, but didn't see any. Oh well, these are temporary anyway.

Thanks for the haha.
T

Respond to this message   
Stockton Brad

Tommy... my apologies

October 24 2008, 4:11 PM 

I hadn't read the news of your dog. That is sad. Our family dog is about 14 & 1/2 and we see him slowing down, but he's lived a full life (except for being a virgin batchelor) and we should obviously feel very fortunate that we've been able to enjoy his faithful companionship and sense of humor... I know... can't explain it, but he does seem to have one. I suppose he's had to, given the lack of lady friends.

Regards

Respond to this message   
Tommy

No Problem Brad, and thanks

October 25 2008, 8:38 PM 

for the kind words..

Respond to this message   
Lou Teresi

Very Nice

October 24 2008, 8:13 AM 

Ahhh, are those Sumitomo tires. You got me thinking, did Fiat/Bertone forget to use grey or charcoal grey as a color choice for interiors. I once saw an 86 x1/9 new on the lot with tan exterior(baby poop brown), dark brown velvety interior and automatic. The dealer said it was the last x1/9 on their lot for sale($14,000). The purchaser backed out of the deal. I guess he came to his senses. Sorry to hear about your dog.

Lou Teresi
87 x1/9
74 x1/9

Respond to this message   
Tommy

Yep, HTR 200's in195/60 13

October 25 2008, 8:41 PM 

45.0 ea at tire rack & 10.00 to mount and balance at wal-mart of all places...

Tommy

Respond to this message   

Tony Natoli, SoCal

Good work Tommy... ya coming out next week???

October 24 2008, 5:18 PM 

As for Isabelle... I feel your pain... all but one of my pups have lived to be 16 - 18 years old and its ROUGH loosing them. 

She'll be OK... you'll know when and do the right thing...

My best...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >> Return to > DF  

Xweb 'Calling All Cars' Bulletins:
Be sure to add yourself to Xweb's Registry and User Map
Xweb BUG REPORT/Q&A can help you get around!
Special section: X1/99 Concept forum

Xweb Forums Contacts:
Forums Moderators: Moderators moderators AT xwebforums.org
User Registry: Mark H markyharris AT gmail.com
User Map: Andrew rooy AT new.rr.com

XANA Homepage:
x19web.org
Login|Logoff
Xweb 101
Best of ...