Return to index  

Lang & Heyne

December 17 2005 at 5:49 PM
tahoeblue  (no login)

Had the pleasure to meet Marco Lang this weekend through the courtesy of his US dealer.

Marco is a gentleman and meticulous artist with a fascinating German watch-making pedigree. Handling his watches is quite an experience--cases approx 43 mm with beautiful enamel dials and gorgeous movements (which I think are almost completely reworked in house). I especially liked the Freidrich August with Louis XV hands--what detail in the hands!

I think over the last year, Marco has produced 30-40 watches. His personal attention to each piece definitely shows. His latest creation, the Moritz, includes an indicator of the declination of the earth, and is an incredible piece IMHO.

I also like the nod to history by naming each model after a past leader of Saxony.

Definitely worth a look! I don't have any pics, but try the web site www.lang-und-heyne.de (not sure how to add the direct link to this post). (I also have to say that for a watch company its size, L&H appears to have a first class web site and informational materials--very impressive, though not surprising after meeting Marco.)

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page