Return to index  

I can imagine this watch making a very sensible expression of one's wrist...

November 18 2006 at 4:53 AM
Magnus Bosse  (Login mbosse)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Yep, Magnus. And I fear it's a love at first sight affair...

as it features lustrous lines without being ostentive, and a fine blend of traditional and modern design elements and finssions.

The backwards located crown will cause some stirr, and one will have to get used to it. As an anecdote, I was just reading a chapter in Dr. George Daniel's book "Watchmaking", wherein he describes keyless watches as

"... generally neat in appearance but difficult to wind. If they are easy to wind, they are often clumsy in appearance. When the winding button is large enough to grip easily it begins to dominate the case and influence the styling of the watch. It is for this reason that after about 1860, with the advent of the quantity-produced watch for people who seemed to care little for aesthetics and were apparently too feeble to use a key, the appearance of the watch degenerated into a tasteless and keyless, dull uniformity."
[Dr. George Daniels, Watchmaking, reprint 2002, p.272]

The man had clearly a strong opinion, but today a watch without a crown looks somewhat strange. This again makes me wonder about the materialistic appearance of Romain's watch on my wrist...

Best,
Magnus

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page