<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Lang & Heyne

December 17 2005 at 5:49 PM
tahoeblue  (no login)

Had the pleasure to meet Marco Lang this weekend through the courtesy of his US dealer.

Marco is a gentleman and meticulous artist with a fascinating German watch-making pedigree. Handling his watches is quite an experience--cases approx 43 mm with beautiful enamel dials and gorgeous movements (which I think are almost completely reworked in house). I especially liked the Freidrich August with Louis XV hands--what detail in the hands!

I think over the last year, Marco has produced 30-40 watches. His personal attention to each piece definitely shows. His latest creation, the Moritz, includes an indicator of the declination of the earth, and is an incredible piece IMHO.

I also like the nod to history by naming each model after a past leader of Saxony.

Definitely worth a look! I don't have any pics, but try the web site www.lang-und-heyne.de (not sure how to add the direct link to this post). (I also have to say that for a watch company its size, L&H appears to have a first class web site and informational materials--very impressive, though not surprising after meeting Marco.)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

The watches are as impressive as their names ...

December 23 2005, 2:44 PM 

... I like the finish and that very baroque style. Thanks for supplying this additional info!

Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page