(Login ian.s)

That does not look like the 'latest' Trio,

December 25 2005, 11:59 PM 

as it has only one date window.

Respond to this message   
Xian Yang
(Login xianyang)
AP Discussion Group

you are right. sorry, didnt notice because i was looking at the website 4am in morning! :)

December 26 2005, 8:29 AM 

Respond to this message   
HPQ
(no login)

Nobody seems to mention that Jeff Barnes ....

December 26 2005, 9:55 AM 

designed the watches Vianney builds. Google search on "jeff Barnes" yields a very interesting interview with sketches of the watches that people are so eagerly awaiting from Vianney.

Anyone care to shed a light on what transpired between Jeff and Vianney and why Jeff is no longer active in the watch industry after designing some of the most amazing watches in recent times?

Personally I think that people like Jeff Barnes should be honored or apprecited at least in the "Purists" circle for amazing and innovative designs.

Respond to this message   
Jerry de los Rios
(Login FingerBurnF8)
Industry Chat

Hello HPQ, let me begin by saying Merry Christmas to you.

December 26 2005, 4:01 PM 

As far as I know, which in the horological world is limited, most Vianney Halter enthusiasts are aware of the disolution of their partnership and Vianney having retained the rights to said intellectual properties. You asked;

"Personally I think that people like Jeff Barnes should be honored or apprecited at least in the "Purists" circle for amazing and innovative designs." I believe Jeff Barnes is acknowledged anytime an owner of a classic, antiqua, contemporaine or soon coming trio view their wrist bound treasure.

Recently, Vianney was interviewed by a few members here on the PuristS forum were he mentioned that new designs, and a new catalog would be introduced in the next several months.

It would be interesting to know the latest on Jeff Barnes. Does anyone know what he's up to these days?

Respond to this message   

IanS
(Login ian.s)

I was under the impression that Pascal Pages

December 26 2005, 10:15 PM 

was (and still is) designing a lot of Halter's watches over the last few years.

That is not to undercut the important designwork that Jeff Barnes did in the past, just that the partnership exists no more.

Respond to this message   
Jerry de los Rios
(Login FingerBurnF8)
Industry Chat

You are correct about Pascal Pages....

December 26 2005, 10:48 PM 

haven been and continuing to be a collaborator with Mr. Halter but Mr. Barnes had a major influence across the board at the birth of the current line-up. That said,

The future looks great for Janvier Atelier and all its new flock of creations that will eventually show themselves to an eager audience.

Respond to this message   
HPQ
(no login)

Jerry, couple of points jumped out after I read

December 27 2005, 9:27 PM 

Jeff Barnes' inverview. First, all of Vianney Halter current offerings are, for all practical purpose, Jeff Barnes designs. I personally have hard time seeing what contributions Pascal Pages has made after looking at the sketches from circa 2000.

Second, Jeff Barnes says in his interview that VH is using his designs without permission.

Maybe they have resolved their dispute since them, but it does not leave me with a good impression of VH. However, as we know in the world of horologie, time is the best judge and one should not be too quick with critique or praise.

Best regards and happy holidays to all.

Respond to this message   

ei8htohms
(Login ei8htohms)
AP Discussion Group

there is a decent amount of information about this already on the forum

December 28 2005, 8:13 AM 

Hi HPQ,

There are two sides to every story, so I took the Barnes interview with a grain of salt as I would any similarly one-sided info from Janvier on the subject.

That said, Pascal Pages seems to have been responsible for the Goldpfeil creations:

as well as the still elusive Opus 3:

_john

Respond to this message   
Jerry de los Rios
(Login FingerBurnF8)
Industry Chat

HPQ, as eightohms has mentioned there is much info

December 28 2005, 12:04 PM 

on this forum on Vianney Halter and his collaborations and creations. After reading the available information and realizing there are three sides; A) one-side B)the other-side C) the truth. One amasses the evidence.

This evidence suggests rather strongly that Vianney Halter is a artisan, a craftman and a man driven to perform and create expressions in his art of meticulous beauty. That said, I believe that Jeff Barnes visionary talents are visible and are an important part of the history of this master watch maker. Remember, there is a reason why Audemars Piguet commisioned Vianney's work for that amazing pocket watch & why Mr. Barnes partnered with him.

Yes, you are correct to say, "time is the best judge and one should not be too quick with critique or praise." With regard to both Mr. Barnes & Mr. Halter both deserve a good bit of both. As we all do. But certainly we can see the work done and elucidate that the work Vianney Halter has performed is extraordinary.

Whether it be the amazing case work on the classic, trio(upcoming), antiqua, comtemporaine or goldpfeil fine time-pieces, or the amount of work applied to the movements he fabricates at Janvier atelier. The VH 100, VH 200 mvmt's and the almost 100% in-house movement of the watch VH made for goldpfeil. Are a living testament to Vianney Halter's mastery of both case work and movement development.

In closing, at this point in time I believe there is substantial work and confirmed collabarotions to deduct that Mr. Vianney Halter is and will continue to be a artisan, collaborator, craftsman, fabricator and master watch-maker extremely capable of turning a mere idea into a meticulously crafted work of art.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page