<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

some pics from a fun Switzerland trip...

November 6 2006 at 12:51 PM

adrianNJ  (Login adrianNJ)
AP Discussion Group

A bunch of watch ethusiasts happened to be travelling around Switzerland to meet and see some of the most talneted watchmakers....and here are some pictures...

one night we had a very relaxed and informative dinner with Max Busser, Peter Speake-Marin and a young and new watchmaker Romain Gauthier...we were the first bunch of people outside his inner circle of friends and fellow watchmakers that were privileged to see and handle Romain's pieces...unfortunately i can show you pics of his creation...but you have to stay tuned and wait for IanS' article that will come out shortly...after that i'll post a bunch of pictures of the Romain Gauthier's pieces...

first the Horological Machine of Max Busser...this piece is very interesting!!!...and quite heavy...

Max telling us about the upcoming Horological machine #2...we wish!

Romain Gauthier in light blue shirt...remember his name...

here i'm sporting a 42mm Perpetual Calendar from Peter Speake-Marin...ah, i love his Piccadilly case!

Max is trying to convince Mike to buy a HM#1...

some of us were smitten with the PSM pieces...

Mark, you look good my friend...

everybody's turn to wear the HM#1...now is Mike's...

a little bit dark this pic, but....i'm trying to convince Mark to buy a PSM piece...i know i'm getting one!...

next morning we all headed to Daniel Roth's place....on the way there passing some well-known watch factories...

finally we arrived...Daniel is working from home and what is amazing is that he makes every single watch part by hand in his atelier...

the master at his desk...

some tiny parts...

assembling some parts on the tourbillion cage...

he is making another one of these...in white gold though...

stay tuned for second part....

thanx for looking,
adrian

"How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven"

Robert Heinlein

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Magnus Bosse
(Login mbosse)
AP Discussion Group

Great report... mouth-watering...

November 6 2006, 1:50 PM 

please tell is more about Romain Gauthier... PLEASE! This is so far the only thing I found (from his website http://www.montres-rg.com):

This looks like a truely hand-made watch again. Unique design, quite classical with an eccentric touch! Intersting enough there is no winding crown - the rebirth of Mr. Steven Phillips' Eternal Winding System???? I am eager to read more!

Finally, back to Mr. Daniel Roth: What is the car in front of his house? And could you see any finished watches?

Cheers,
Magnus

Respond to this message   

adrianNJ
(Login adrianNJ)
AP Discussion Group

Magnus, I see you found a pic...

November 6 2006, 2:27 PM 

of a Romain Gauthier watch...i have a bunch of them, but i still can't post them...at least for another month or so...the dial is beautiful, but you should see the back of it...look at the post above...

cheers,
adrian

"How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven"

Robert Heinlein

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page