FS: Montres BD (aka Be-Ba) Peseux 260 chronometer

June 23 2006 at 5:18 AM

felipe  (Login fjordao)
PP Discussion Group

Montres BD (aka Be-Ba) Peseux 260 chronometer

Movement: Mechanical manual winding observatory grade Peseux calibre 260
Functions: Time, subsidiary seconds
Case: Stainless Steel, 36mm
Band: ABP custom made brown deerskin strap with hypo-allergenic lining, barely used
Buckle:Generic steel buckle
Water Resistance: N/A

This is an extremely rare watch, and one for very specific collectors - those interested in chronometry. SteveG wrote a great background article (click here to read the article) on the same watch with a different name on the dial. This particular example is the only one that I know of with the "Montres BD" name instead of the usual obscure "Be-Ba". The watch is in excellent condition and has very few cosmetic flaws. There are some little scratches around the case, mostly near the crown, and there is a little blemish near 3 o'clock on the dial. It looks like a spec of dust from certain light angles but does not affect the integrity of the dial finish. The case is in completely unpolished original condition, so a few scratches are expected. It has a very hard to accomplish lapidated finish that really makes the watch glow. Combined with the sunburst dial it makes a very attractive package.

I bought the watch in 2005 and had it serviced in Feb 2006, so it is completely functional and keeping good time. Why am I selling? - it's a combination of two things: I never wear this watch, and I'm buying an apartment so every penny counts. I would rather this goes to a collector who knows a little about the movement and has an interest in chronometry. This is not "just another watch" to add to your collection, it is a very special piece. I am selling it for USD 4,750 (no trades please) which includes express shipping (overnight to most areas) and insurance within the continental US. Please contact me for overseas shipping. Payment by bank wire transfer. I have many references. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. The watch is in New York.

thanks for looking
Felipe

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

felipe
(Login fjordao)
PP Discussion Group

Sold. (nt)

June 30 2006, 2:41 PM 

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com