Return to index  

The creative process

January 24 2010 at 8:00 PM
Andrew W.  (Login sixfootbrit)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Can we have a serious discussion about something I've long had on my mind?

Very interesting points raised, and it really goes to the heart of the business/customer relationship. That said, I will give my personal take on the matter.

1) The creator of a new product has to be free to create. This is the root of the problem, and regardless of the success/failure of the business, is the most important factor. Ultimately there are two types of player in this game, the creator, and the observer (connoisseur, patron).

2) The problem arises when the observer tries to create by proxy, tries to modify the creative process of the artist.

3) As connoisseurs we desire the novel, the original, the surprise. It is the creative act that we honor, SIHH 2011 would not be looked forward to if it showcased identical products to SIHH 2010.

4) A successful enterprise remains so by being faithful to itself, this is what attracted it's customers in the first place.

5) It is said of Steve Jobs "Market research for Steve Jobs is the right hemisphere talks to the left hemisphere" (Inside Steve's Brain, Leander Kahney 2008). Mozart put it even more succinctly "I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings."

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page