Return to index  

Presto-chango

April 5 2010 at 4:19 AM
garretw  (Login jockewing)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Re: Safari Strap Change-Update

RJ55,

In response to your question, yes, the idea was to contrast the black hornback with beige stitching, which was intended to complement the dial color.

However, when I compare the beige color of the stitching on the original Safari strap to the beige on the new strap, it seems to me that there is a bit of a difference. It's hard to describe, but the best way to put it is to say that the beige on the new strap seems a bit shinier than the beige on the original strap.

Also, I'm not sure if it's in fact even the same shade of beige as the beige in the original strap. When I put them side by side, I perceive a difference between the two, but I can't say if it's merely an illusion created by the fact that there's a different color surrounding the stitching on each strap -- i.e. the brown of the original hornback skin vs. the black on the replacement strap may cause the same color stitching to appear lightly different on each strap.

Or, given that I'm mildly colorblind, it may just be that that's how I'm seeing it when in reality the stitching on both straps is in fact the same color.

Or, of course, maybe the manufacturer just screwed up my order.

I don't know which, but I'd like to hear any insights from fellow forum members.

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page