Return to index  

Audemars Piguet Millenary Ref. 4101

May 25 2012 at 7:47 AM

AndrewD  (Login AndrewDaley)
AP Discussion Group

Ever since first images of the Millenary Ref. 4101 emerged from Geneva in January last year the watch has been on my mind. The Millenary line was one of those eye-opening moments in horology for me several years ago. I had seen various oval watches from AP in pictures and advertising and always dismissed them as a little too unusual. But when I eventually strapped one on it was so comfortable and looked really great on the wrist; a nice escape from the usual round and rectangular watches in the marketplace.

While the Ref. 4101 impressed me in pictures, it wasn't until the Las Vegas IGOTT in May 2011 that I was able to strap one on. And the watch was even better in the metal! It's large, but fitted perfectly with a lot of wrist 'presence'. The wide strap and deployant also helps to make it sit comfortably.

So heres my first wrist shot from IGOTT in May 2011.

[linked image]

And in May 2012 I was able to try it on again in the Paris AP Boutique (where I was very well looked after).

[linked image]

[linked image]

The Ref. 4101 is 47x42x13mm and with the short lugs it wears like a small 42mm watch.

And it is available in rose gold, but I prefer the grey tones of the stainless steel version.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

While I didn't leave the Boutique with the watch on my wrist, I remained deeply impressed and I hope it will be mine one day ...

Regards

Andrew

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page