Return to index  

Royal oak exhibition in Paris, another opportunity to see also the new RO 15202 model!!

June 17 2012 at 6:30 PM
Dje  (Login Dje-CC)
AP Discussion Group

Hi,

I had the pleasure to quickly visit the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak exhibition in Paris a week ago.

It was a pleasure for many reasons. One of them was that it was the first opportunity for me to go back to the Palais de Tokyo where the exhibition took place. This museum is the museum of Modern Art of Paris and I love Modern art! The museum was closed for a while and re-opened after some work.

The second reason was because I was really appealed at the last SIHH by the new 15202 in stainless steel and its new dial design (if I can call new a watch meant to re-introduce a 1972 design) and wanted to see it again to know if it's appeal was durable.

In fact the exhibition was very interesting, even if there are many RO designs I don't like. I like them simple in fact.

The new 15202 was there as you can see it below. The best surprise was that the date ring back colour is finally harmonized with the dial. It's better in blue than black.

[linked image]

I asked the AP people there and was confirmed that the production watches should be like the watch pictured here!

[linked image]

What do you think of that?

Best

Dje

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page