<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Was the 1st Offshore launched in 1993 offered in Steel or Titanium?

February 18 2012 at 7:17 AM
SALMAN  (Login SALMANQ8)
AP Discussion Group

With all the fanfare of the 40th Anniversary of the Royal Oak design my thoughts drift towards 1993 and the introduction of the Offshore, no internet then so we have no pictures of any swanky launch parties or industry events launching it to the public like we do now. I would love to see pictures of the very 1st Royal Oak Offshore being unveiled for the 1st time to the public.

If anyone has pics or stories about their experiences when the 1st Offshore was released would love to hear them.

S

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SALMAN
(Login SALMANQ8)
AP Discussion Group

No one can help? nt

March 22 2012, 10:47 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

ThomasM
(Premier Login thepurist178)
AP Discussion Group

steel. sorry I missed this earlier. nt

March 22 2012, 6:22 PM 

"The secret to success in life
is to keep believing in the possible,
but to focus your energies on the probable."

Respond to this message   
SALMAN
(Login SALMANQ8)
AP Discussion Group

Thank You so Much Dr. T :-) hope all is well with you and yours nt

March 29 2012, 6:54 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Park
(Login Park08)
AP Discussion Group

A story

March 29 2012, 12:16 AM 

Salman,

I do recall the first time I saw an Offshore in a shop window. I had recently bought a small tantalum Royal Oak, so I recognized the brand. I remember being shocked at the massive size of the Offshore and wondering if the multiple subdials related to nautical navigation. I asked a sales clerk what it was, but left with the impression that it was some special gear for ship captains. It was 10 years before I purchased the first of many Offshores.

I guess that just makes me a late adopter, as I wouldn't use e-mail until 2000 or an iPhone until 2011.

Best regards,

Park

Respond to this message   
SALMAN
(Login SALMANQ8)
AP Discussion Group

Great Story! :-)

March 29 2012, 6:53 PM 

Good to hear from you Park happy.gif, the years have shown we share the same taste in watches happy.gif and it involves you posting a picture and then me hunting one down LoooL happy.gif

S

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page