<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Famous American's 1886 Pocket Watch

November 27 2006 at 12:00 PM
DGD  (Login dresserd)

I inherited my Great Grandfathers incredible 14kt Vacheron Constantine Pocket Watch, it is inscribed June 17, 1886 when it was given to him by his mother, it is also unique in that in the inside cover is an etched photograph of him and his mother from the same time period. The watch is in Perfect working order and was cleaned and tuned by Swiss Trained watch master, Hugo Fraga. It is a beautiful historical and family piece that I want to have properly appraised for not only it's collectors value but for it's intrinsic and historical value. George S Godard was Connecticut State Librarian for some 38 years and a famous collector of books, coins and historical artifacts. I need to find someone who deals in this kind of collectors piece familiar with current market rates, and value to properly insure it. If anyone in this forum can point me to a reputable watch company who deals with the Vacheron Constantine mark I would be greatful. Thanks DGDhttp://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1164657535.JPG

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

alex
(Login argg)
Industry Chat

what a wonderful watch, a true family heirloom. I suggest

November 28 2006, 1:10 AM 

contacting VC if you want a cerrificate: just click on the "service" link once you go on their web site www.vacheron-constantin.com

If you need an appraisal as of value I would suggest contacting an auction house : Antiquorum, Sotheby's, Christie's, Bonhams or other local ones you may know of.

Respond to this message   
Mario
(Login mbonez)

A very special watch

November 28 2006, 1:49 AM 

It's nice to have something like this which is passed on from generation to generation.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page