<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Information which will interest vintage VC aficionados

November 29 2006 at 3:36 AM

alex  (Login argg)
Industry Chat

The Maison Vacheron Constantin on the Quai de l'Ile in Geneva now offers something no other watch brand does: vintage time pieces.

A selection of carefully chosen timepieces will be on sale presented in Vacheron Constantin cases, come fully serviced with a certificate of authenticity and of course with a one year guarantee.

Hosting provided by FotoTime

This message has been edited by argg on Nov 29, 2006 8:27 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rei
(Login RyuAW)
AP Discussion Group

WOW! That's the first I guess.

November 29 2006, 4:17 AM 

Bravo VC.

Respond to this message   

alex
(Login argg)
Industry Chat

a brand exec once told me these frightful words...

November 29 2006, 4:29 AM 

"Brands are interested in their historic pieces only at anniversaries"!! I guess this doesn't apply for VC, they have the parts and expertise to restore aboslutely evey vintage piece they produced and if they do not have the parts they will specially make them!

Respond to this message   
Rei
(Login RyuAW)
AP Discussion Group

Hi Alex, I guess they are only available at the Maison.

November 29 2006, 4:33 AM 

Not a chance for those who live far......away.

Respond to this message   

alex
(Login argg)
Industry Chat

yes since all the vintage watch experts are at the Maison. Having

November 29 2006, 7:00 AM 

seen some of the watches for sale I have to admit that they were in NOS condition!

Respond to this message   

Doc
(Login powin)
PP Discussion Group

All right guys,

November 29 2006, 5:11 AM 

I'm first in the queue!
I have number 1 on my ticket,
so just take a number
and stand behind

Doc

Respond to this message   
Patrice
(Login Laryco)

Sorry Doc,

November 29 2006, 8:45 AM 

I am already into. Shuuutttttt. Patrice.

Respond to this message   
jtbradley
(Login jtbradley)
PP Discussion Group

A very admirable move.

November 29 2006, 10:01 AM 

To make these pieces, as restored by VC, available to collectors is a very admirable move.

Such a great idea on the part of VC to institutionalize collectibility through the restoration and reoffer of vintage timepieces to collectors. The prices will likely be high, but I find this much more palatable than other actions that VC might have taken to bolster collectibility of its pieces, such as active participation in the auction market (but who knows, maybe VC is doing that as well). In any event, Bravo VC!

John

Respond to this message   
Kazumi
(Login kazumi13)
AP Discussion Group

Great move! Now if only they moved the maison to my neighborhood...

November 29 2006, 2:07 PM 

It is good to have an "official" source of vintage pieces aside from the auction houses. I can imagine that the case and servicing will come at a premium, but the peace of mind, knowing that you are getting the real thing in serviced condition from VC itself, should ease the pain.

It is just unfortunate, as Rei lamented, that such pieces will only be available at the Maison. It would be nice if the pieces could be viewed on-line and purchased through appointed VC outlets worldwide. I am just beginning to get a better appreciation of the vintage VC pieces and, for a newbie like myself, this could be the "safest" way to get one.

BTW, that vintage Toledo is really beautiful. I have it's WG re-edition on my wrist right now, but for all its beauty, the vintage piece still has a charm that can't be beat. Thanks for posting it Alex.

Best Regards,
Kazumi

Respond to this message   
WHL
(Login WHLind)
AP Discussion Group

I suppose I could contact them....

November 30 2006, 7:01 AM 

and request a specific reference if I were having trouble getting it through other channels. This service would certainly be worth a premium to me (especially with a freshly serviced watch and a certificate of authenticity).

Great business move by VC too (Why should the auction houses be the only ones to get a 30% gross margin?)

Bill

Respond to this message   
julian
(Login watch-guy.com)
PP Discussion Group

What a brililiant idea. I wish PP would offera similar service.

November 30 2006, 11:42 PM 

Pity that we cannot see what is available online. I would certainly be very comfortable oredering a specific watch from them
Oh well -trip to Geneva may be on the cards
Julian

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page