Return to index  

Congrats to the new discerning owner!!

November 25 2006 at 3:16 AM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to A very special piece at Antiquorum

Peter you are too fast!

I hope the new owner recognises what a gem this peice is! the 1982 3 Golden Bridges Tourbillon Pocket Watch is incredible! What a wonderful buy for what I think is a bargin! (well, as much as US$110k can be called a bargin!!) This is a truly historic piece that I would love to own and had i not bought a couple of extravagent pieces this year, might well have bid for!

MY QUICK REVIEW

Its a heavy watch. It is also much bigger than I thought. Its incredible detail of engraving on the case, inside the front and back covers too. The visible policshing is amazing.

THe second hand ticks 3 times per second, much slower than i am used to seeing in wrist watches these days i think.

The hands are elaborate but due to the size of the watch and dial, it does not overwhelm the watch.

The 3 Bridges are HUGE! how great! it really shows off what this watch is all about. The toubillon cage is engaging and blended with the brdiges is a wonderful site.

sadly the lady showming me the watch had no idea what it was!! but i did and i wish next time i will have a chance to bid on one of these!!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page