Return to index  

My pleasure! Let´s see

November 28 2006 at 10:38 PM

PeterCDE  (Login pc01)

Response to Thats the model and Thanks,..

Just wait a bit
It even may be a week or two; this due to the fact there are things which are currently en route to a limited number of GP AD´s world-wide. This needs a bit of time. Therefore my recommendation for patience, which i think it may add an interesting choice.
Of course i can´t confirm if all this is related to the ww.tc range by GP.
That´s all i can say right now

Actually things seem to be a little on the move, with all major brands.
If you look at the introduction of the PP Nautilus range, it´s apparent new models are introduced outside Basel/Geneva in an increasing number. Personally i suspect this phenomenon to be caused by production and communication routines. And of course to have something to keep the tension high

As per TI casework, it´s not like ceramics.
Every metal case will scratch at times and hence the ww.tc is not different in this aspect. Frankly, with the ww.tc being released in 2001 there´s not that experience from a long-time observation i can share. But in general the GP TI casework tends to hold up quite well.
The probably more important fact is these cases, like with all GP cases, are possible to refinish at all. In this it makes a real difference GP is doing their own casework (experience is hard to beat in this aspect).
Most TI wwtc are brushed, which is possible to rework at GP Suisse.
Those TI pieces i´ve seen in daily wear, including earlier TI casework and other models, tend to hold up quite well. The TI alloy in use is not as soft as others around, so in general i´d say you will not be disappointed. This especially goes for Sea Hawk models, of which some are used in the way they are supposed to (pro divers watches).

The change in colour is normal.
This goes back to oxidation; every TI case interacts with air, which creates up a very fine and slightly darker surface layer.
This can be avoided only by treating the case with PVD or TI nitrate coating, which then is not possible to refinish itself (same way as other watch brands using Palladium plating for WG casework, which needs to be removed before polishing).
During refinish, the darker layer will be removed easily. So it´s nothing that can´t be treated.

If this is within the budget, you may consider a polished TI case (available in certain l.e.´s such as the "Berlin").
Polishing Titanium is a trick because of the nature of the material; it´s not that easy. Yet i find it to be extraordinarily smooth and a great feeling when you touch it, apart from an almost ethereal shine.
So one of these might be interesting.

But as said, the 2006 models are a lot more comfortable.
And a little patience may pay

Cheers,

Peter

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page