Return to index  

You may wish to add some contact email

November 28 2006 at 11:00 PM

PeterCDE  (Login pc01)

Response to BMW-Oracle Team Watch

G'Day,

as per guidelines, no discussions about prices/value/sources.
For this, it might be recommendable to add your email so folks can get in touch with you by private email.

As per the "Team Watch", i can´t confirm the number of 200 units.
GP is not exactly comfortable in spreading production totals, but you might be surprised it´s in fact a rare bird. In the world of GP, 200 pieces make for a large production batch

All "Team Watches" are given to crew members of the actual race team (pieces numbered 1-17 on the back) and friends of the race team and the sponsors (pieces bearing number "18" on the back).

These are not available by AD´s; maybe ordering a full set of Opera One to Opera Three might change the perspective, but in general the "Team Watch" isn´t available for the public.
The last i´ve seen was on the wrist of Stefano Macaluso, who happens to be the son of GP owner Dr. Luigi Macaluso and in charge for the design of the BMW Oracle Racing pieces.

On the "Sea Hawk", you might noticed in the introduction (forum post of June 16, 2005) the "Team Watch" actually is different from the "USA-71" in that it´s a 40mm case with conventional bezel.
The 40mm pieces are uncommon, even the "regular" pieces and might be discontinued at some point. So it´s really different from regular offerings.

I´d like to recommend having a closer look at this:

Sea Hawk Pro "GGYC"
Ref.: 49950-11-651-FK6A

It´s a 44mm steel case and different from the Sea Hawk Pro in Titanium in many points. Quite an interesting model, i think.

Cheers,

Peter

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page