Return to index  

[rumour] Spanish model Laura Ponte to be "face of GP"

November 29 2006 at 1:36 PM

PeterCDE  (Login pc01)

G'day,

this is inofficial news and yet to be confirmed, but then i think it´s interesting. And nice to see, in many ways

picture by Bernardo Paz at "El Mundo" website

LAURA PONTE DOES NOT WASTE TIME.
    Laura Ponte has been chosen a representative of the new collection of the Swiss watch brand Girard-Perregaux. The Model, who recently has become a mother for the second time, believes that present would be good moment to stop time, because "I am married with the man that I want, I have two healthy children and a work that I like".
    translation by Altavista babelfish, admittedly

click here for the original source at www.elmundo.es in spanish language

A snippet from an interview, asked why she choose Girard-Perregaux and about her feelings towards the brand:
    "Two things, one, the power to collaborate with a brand as Girard-Perregaux that combines tradition, design, I am fanatical of the clocks, always have said it. And that is united to the project of a boat, BMW Oracle Racing of Valencia, America´s Cup, everything are a set of things that I like, that are interesting to me, that I am enchanted of being an image. Mainly because it is united tradition, clocks and sports, and Spain and Valencia. Somehow, everything was an interesting project, very tempting."

Babelfish again

click here for the original interview on Europapress website europapress.es

Laura Ponte, born 1973 in Vigo/Spain, started off her career as a model with the "Look of the year" contest organized by Ragazza fashion magazine in 1993.
She worked for famous fashion brands such as Loewe, Valentino, Ferre, Lagerfeld, Blumarine, Exté, La Perla, Ralph Lauren and Christian Lacroix. In addition, she was pictured by prestigious photographers like Richard Avedon and Bruce Weber.
Laura Ponte is married with Beltrán Gómez Acebo, a nephew of HRH King Juan Carlos of Spain.

(source: www.IMDB.com)

Laura Ponte for Ralph Lauren

As noted, it´s to be confirmed at this point.
But i think it would be very cool news

In any case, i´m very sure Laura Ponte will be given a very warm welcome among the GP fans. Don´t we

Greetings from Germany,

Peter

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page