<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

My G-P Ref. 49520 got a little sister yesterday...

November 9 2005 at 6:42 AM
Magnus Bosse  (no login)

Dear All:

As you may know, I own a Girard-Perregaux Classique Elegance Ref. 49520 in red gold - most beautiful, but rarely seen elegant dress watch with a thoroughbred in-house movement.

No, I got her a little sister, also a Classique Elegance from the late 1990 years, the Ref. 90500. With only 34mm in diameter, it is a little bit small for today's taste (which makes them ridiculously cheap!). But still, a very serious watch with a similarly serious manufacture movement:

I guess this one makes a very nice birthday present for my girlfriend...
Enjoy!
Best,
Magnus

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

PeterCDE
(Login pc01)

Nice!

November 9 2005, 7:38 AM 

Hi Magnus,

nice find!
These were not that unpopular and had a rather long life, from mid 1990s until 2000. That´s quite a lifespan!

I agree in that the size might do well on a female wrist. And it does have very nice proportions, possible only by use of the thin movement.
Just be aware - if she´s fond of the inner values, she might appreciate the updated version of the caliber in the beautiful Cat´s Eye models too

Enjoy, both of you!

Greetings,

Peter

Respond to this message   
alex
(Login paulumbo)

movements cal.?

November 9 2005, 8:55 AM 

Hi Magnus, beautiful watch!

I'm very impressed by those ref. 9050 pieces. Could you, please, tell me the precise cal. identification: 3000-XXX with ?? jewels to be read on the movement? I'm very much interested in the early development of cal. 3000, and there have been some modifications.

Thanks and best wishes, Alex

Respond to this message   
Magnus Bosse
(no login)

Cal. 3000-670, 28 jewels (nt)

November 9 2005, 9:41 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page