<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

First post: my new GP Vintage 1997....

November 9 2005 at 9:24 AM
Hein  (Login Theino)

Hi Everybody,

since a few years I own GP watches. First I started with a Richeville non-chrono, then I upgraded it to a Richeville Chrono. The Chrono I had for a while, but it thought that it was a little to small for me. In the meantime I also acquired a 44mm Panerai, which I found a little bit too big. At that time I saw a GP Vintage 1960, which looked to me as some kind of marriage between the Richeville and the Panerai. Of course I acquired it, the Richeville and Panerai immediately were sold.
This Vintage 1960 fit perfectly in my collection, it has a special case (not round or rectangular) and I like watches with subdials. When I was googling for the Vintage 1960, I came accross this forum. Scrolling through some pretty old posts (2003....), the Rattrapante version of the 1960 caught my eye. THIS for sure was my holy grail, it has the nice cushion shaped case AND a rattrapante. At that moment a rattrapante was not part of my collection, but the complication is very nice in my eyes.
In the next months I tried to find a 1997 for a decent price, but unfortunately: I did not found a 1997....
Untill this day, one month ago, finally I found one for a fine price.

I have to thank PeterCDE, for his help, because he provided me with a lot of information!

Here are some pics, to compare it with my old 1960:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ed
(Login eddieng)
AP Discussion Group

very nice watches.....

November 9 2005, 9:31 AM 

(nt)

Respond to this message   

PeterCDE
(Login pc01)

Nice!! That´s a great pair!

November 9 2005, 10:13 PM 

Hi Hein,

what a lovely pair!
The "1960" with central minute counter is a lovely piece, as is the Rattrapante!
What i really love are the slightly domed crystals, which add a vintage touch to the look (and they are not cheap).
Congratulations; good to see they found a loving home!!!

Now more wrist shots please
I´d really love to see how it sits on the wrist from a side view, so don´t hold them back

Greetings,

Peter

Respond to this message   

Markus (Zurich)
(Login MCG-64)

I am wondering about the movement of the none-rattrapante...?

November 10 2005, 12:42 PM 

Respond to this message   
watchtony
(no login)

gorgeous !

November 11 2005, 2:27 PM 

i love everything about it case,dial ,thickness.
but tell me something. is it 40mm?
congratulations and wear it in good health
tony

Respond to this message   
bnotejfunk
(no login)

it's nice to see someone happy with his 90120

November 21 2005, 12:12 PM 

I wish you all the best with your vintage 1997 rattrapante (ref. 90120), I have one too, but mine seems to love more its birthplace (la Chaux-de-Fonds) than my wrist... I hope that yours will be more faithful.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page