<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

[rumour] Spanish model Laura Ponte to be "face of GP"

November 29 2006 at 1:36 PM

PeterCDE  (Login pc01)

G'day,

this is inofficial news and yet to be confirmed, but then i think it´s interesting. And nice to see, in many ways

picture by Bernardo Paz at "El Mundo" website

LAURA PONTE DOES NOT WASTE TIME.
    Laura Ponte has been chosen a representative of the new collection of the Swiss watch brand Girard-Perregaux. The Model, who recently has become a mother for the second time, believes that present would be good moment to stop time, because "I am married with the man that I want, I have two healthy children and a work that I like".
    translation by Altavista babelfish, admittedly

click here for the original source at www.elmundo.es in spanish language

A snippet from an interview, asked why she choose Girard-Perregaux and about her feelings towards the brand:
    "Two things, one, the power to collaborate with a brand as Girard-Perregaux that combines tradition, design, I am fanatical of the clocks, always have said it. And that is united to the project of a boat, BMW Oracle Racing of Valencia, America´s Cup, everything are a set of things that I like, that are interesting to me, that I am enchanted of being an image. Mainly because it is united tradition, clocks and sports, and Spain and Valencia. Somehow, everything was an interesting project, very tempting."

Babelfish again

click here for the original interview on Europapress website europapress.es

Laura Ponte, born 1973 in Vigo/Spain, started off her career as a model with the "Look of the year" contest organized by Ragazza fashion magazine in 1993.
She worked for famous fashion brands such as Loewe, Valentino, Ferre, Lagerfeld, Blumarine, Exté, La Perla, Ralph Lauren and Christian Lacroix. In addition, she was pictured by prestigious photographers like Richard Avedon and Bruce Weber.
Laura Ponte is married with Beltrán Gómez Acebo, a nephew of HRH King Juan Carlos of Spain.

(source: www.IMDB.com)

Laura Ponte for Ralph Lauren

As noted, it´s to be confirmed at this point.
But i think it would be very cool news

In any case, i´m very sure Laura Ponte will be given a very warm welcome among the GP fans. Don´t we

Greetings from Germany,

Peter

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Doc
(Login powin)
PP Discussion Group

Congrats,

November 29 2006, 10:26 PM 

to her husband
Doc

Respond to this message   
K T
(Login lanatir)
AP Discussion Group

Interesting...

November 30 2006, 4:48 AM 

GP isn't well known to use 'faces' in recent times right?

Regards
Kelvin
http://www.pbase.com/kelvinphoto

Respond to this message   

PeterCDE
(Login pc01)

Excellent point

November 30 2006, 6:41 AM 

G'day,

my guess would be this going back to the fact BMW Oracle Racing is located in Valencia/Spain, so it might be a "regional" thing.
Still i find it nice, for obvious reasons

And Laura Ponte isn´t unknown outside Spain; recently she did a couple of TV shows and films as an actress, with a successfull business in addition.
So i think it´s quite matching, even more so as she´s obviously a fellow watch nut

In general GP is not into "celebrity glamour" or "testimonials".
Others may buy in film stars, but i think such just doesn´t match GP.
Like with the TV and car racing stars; all watches seen on TV and beyond are privately owned, not an advertising campaign or PR-driven projects.
I think it does say a lot more about the watches this way.

But then, one might think whether or not GP should start to do advertising with famous folks.
Do you think this would be a good way?

Cheers,

Peter

Respond to this message   
martin kristal
(Login martinkristal)

Excellent

November 30 2006, 11:40 AM 

Also the name "Bridge" feets well.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login martinkristal)

Sorry for the English...

November 30 2006, 11:43 AM 

I know, I know fits

Respond to this message   
K T
(Login lanatir)
AP Discussion Group

I think...

November 30 2006, 4:07 PM 

it is a good step as long as GP does not spend too much on marketing expenditure showing off the brand with these celebrities to the point that prices are raised due to this enhanced budget in marketing. since we know that GP has normally highlighted their watches instead of the celebs in the media, it would be a refreshing change if the above factor is taken into account.

Regards
Kelvin
http://www.pbase.com/kelvinphoto

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page