<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Growing Out A Relaxer And Breakage

May 29 2001 at 8:11 PM
Lauren 

Q. Hi! I'm thinking about using the Naturalaxer on my own hair but I have a few questions. I'm growing out of a relaxer and my hairdresser warned me of my hair breaking because of that. Will the Naxturalaxer help prevent some of
this breaking since the new growth is receiving some chemical treatment? Also my hair has various wave patterns. My hair is mostly nap 3 but around my hairline its nap 4. My question is will I need two different strengths and
what do you suggest? Thank you so much for your time.

A. The hair breaks at the "line of demarcation" where the relaxed meets the unprocessed hair if the textures are very different or the relaxed hair is weak. To strengthen previously relaxed hair use the RECOVERY TREATMENT and the HYDROLYZER for moisturizing.

The Naturalaxer will not dissolve the cuticle layer of your hair so it will not be weakened where the two textures meet if you delay getting a touch up.

When you apply the Naturalaxer start at the nappiest or most resistant area first then apply to the other parts of your hair. This way the curl relaxer will have more time to soften the tightest section. You won't need two different strengths.

###

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement