Return to index  

Some thoughts >>>

September 24 2003 at 2:17 PM

MTF  (Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
Admin

Response to Can anyone help me with specific LUC 1.96 scans? Plus other questions...

Craig,
Welcome! You have already searched our back-posts. Here are some thoughts.

(1) The LUC 1.96 was made in 2 editions:
16/1860/1 (100 pieces per metal colour) had a half-hunter back over sapphire caseback.
16/1860/2 (1860 pieces per metal colour) had interchageable solid and sapphire casebacks, albeit requiring fastened by screws. As the production numbers were limited by case metal and not by dial colour, it is uncertain how many pieces with white metal case & copper or silver dial were made. I suspect they were few and hence few scans too.

(2) My LUC 1.96 come with one strap. The confusion about 2 straps may be because the same design case/dial/movement base were offered in the more affordable LUC 3.96 range (without Geneva Seal) and lower grade of strap.

(3) I have never seen a Chopard deployant clasp dedicated to the LUC 1.96 range.

(5) You asked "Tell me why I should NOT get a LUC 1.96?" I have a number of LUC: 1.96, 1.98 and 3.96 movements, without problems and all offering excellent to superb finishing. Chopard has identified a small modification to the movement which will be done (silently) for all watches returning for the first time, for servicing or any other reason.

(6) Any other related thoughts or words of wisdom from the Chopardisti?
Although production of LUC 1.96 has ceased, you may still find some pieces, new at dealers. If not, pre-owned ones may surface. If getting pre-owned, check if the modified part has been replaced. I am not sure if it will be done without original papers.

Good luck!
MTF

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page