Return to index  

The simplest LUC under completely natural light...6 pictures

December 1 2006 at 2:05 AM

bernardcheong  (Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

All these are purposely taken under raw natural light, with a Canon point and shoot A700 on manual focus. This is to allow a more natural perspective of the watch, I will later post pics taken with a 1Ds and a 100mmm macro.

The watch is as raw as it is...no cleaning even! All reflections are natural! This is to allow everyone to see its beauty, and that nothing is studio or retouched!

Here, one looks carefully at the polished solid gold hour markers...look at the old turkish-like design. The very fine luminous dot is not painted on, but is probably applied as a "cup of luminous paint" upside down, onto the dial. I examined these under a medical scope in my lab.

Notice the gold dial and the interface between the gold and the dark brown chapter ring...I was overcome by the beauty of the ring.

Personally, I have expressed my view to LUC, that the execution of the ring and the dial chapters are so incredibly good, and of such perfect proportions...that they should think of adjusting the present series of the twist, and all those, with a dial like this one!

I may be wrong. But I found this dial just so perfect. Remember, I come from Urwerk, Vianney Halter, MBF1...so...it really takes ALOT to bring me back to a classic watch. I have too many already.

Note the soldered lugs!!! Chopard has the STRENGHT of being a jewelry company first...and their metal work is superb, second to none...and couple with the LUC movement...fantastic.

Note the hand engraving is SO BEAUTIFUL, that personally, I wanted this watch so much because of the closed back, allowing the finest engraving that was possible on a VERY thin case back. Unlike the deep gouges on some hefty casebacks...this one was thin, but in the old Patek way, thin but fine...a very diffiult thing to describe really.

Look at the hive, the bees are different on every watch, and the bees also have a head/tail orientation! There is a sense of both humor, and tradition!

Look at the BASE of the hive!!!

Next observe the demonstration of a traditional hand cut on the words "CHOPARD" and so on...you can see the fine gouging of the engraver's tool.

Next if you look at the serial numbers 116/250, you can see that the engraver, can also do the cut so fine, that no gouge marks remain, possibly a fine polish after the cut.

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page