<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Granturismo XL

November 5 2006 at 7:12 AM
Yong  (Login hohsiang)

Just traded in my Omega PO for this piece at a local dealer. What attracted me was its nice case and very legible dial particularly the date as compared to Omega PO. In additionm, the design is contemporary and handsome. I believe it will not be worn by as many people as the Omega.

Nevertheless, I did notice that the second hand ticks with a slighly longer interval ie it ticks more like a quartz watch. Is this a deliberate design with certain purpose relating to timing a race? What is the uniqueness of its movement? Was there major changes to the ETA 7750?

Look forward to your views.

Yong

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
bwzell
(Login bwzell)

I get many compliments on the Grand turismo XL !

November 5 2006, 7:12 PM 

Hi, I also have a Grand turismo XL - limited edition with the white/silver dial.
The second hand on my watch move with an occational small skip. I do not know if this is normal and because of the long second hand I am seeing things, or the movement needs a slight adjustment. I know that the movement is a larger ETA design. When wearing the watch I can move my wrist up and down and actually hear the watch winding, real cool effect!
This watch is real nice, it's big, light on the wrist with the rubber strap, and has a dial that is very easy to read. The long second hand with the red arrow sweeps around the edge of the dial, real real nice! Thanks, B.

Respond to this message   

bernardcheong
(Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

The seconds hand is OK.

November 7 2006, 4:35 PM 

I am not a knowledgeable person about this, but it is something I nticed too.

I have heard that this model has done so incredibly well, that in some parts of the world, it is already sold out.

IMHO, the dial design is among the most "perfect" in the overall cohesiveness of the entire watch.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page