<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

LUC Flueier

November 13 2006 at 6:28 AM
Yong  (Login hohsiang)

Have traded in my PP 5120 for a new Chopard LUC Fluerier RG. Will likely get the new piece this week. This would be my third Chopard after a 1.96 and Grantrusimo XL. Am I crazy? Perhaps need to sell my 1.96 since the movement is almost the same.

I have been a fan of Chopard watches after getting the LUC 1.96 sometime in 2002.

Will try to post photo of the threesome when available.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

MTF
(Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
Admin

Hang on >>

November 13 2006, 10:25 AM 

a minute.

Maybe it would be better if you kept the LUC 1.96 (16/1860/2) AND the LUC Fleurier because you can see the superior movement of the LUC 1.96 but not the new Fleurier movement.

Regards,
MTF

Respond to this message   
JC
(Login JCY88)
PP Discussion Group

Re: LUC Flueier

November 13 2006, 4:09 PM 

yes Hang one!
Also keeping the 1.96 means youhve a geneva seal and a Fluerier Qualite watch. pretty cool!

Respond to this message   

bernardcheong
(Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

MTF is absolutely correct, and..

November 13 2006, 4:34 PM 

The LUC Flr was made to bring a level of performance to the 1.96 to an incredible level of accuracy with a new level of testing previously untried.

The focus of the LUC Flr is performance! The 9.96 is like a spartan high performance Porsche, with all the leather and wood taken out. Thta's why it has no see thru back.

Having both is not only correct, it is a MUST, for anyone who wants to own a "set". Its like having a road use Porsche and a race prepared one, in the garage..side by side.

Respond to this message   

bernardcheong
(Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

The new WG LUC Flr

November 13 2006, 4:37 PM 

will have a compromise for those who MUST see the pared down high performance 9.96

It has a see thru back.

The caseback in the new WG version allows the movt to be seen, but as in all race cars, the engines and interiors are not luxurously appointed! But worth a sight, depending on your personal perspectives.

Respond to this message   
RyanS.
(Login RyanS.)
PP Discussion Group

Congrats on the New Watch...

November 13 2006, 7:12 PM 

I had the opportunity to handle the the RG LUC Fluerier in NYC this past weekend and it was amazing. The dark grey/beige colored part of the dial is amazing in combination with the RG. It was an absolute stunner for me.

I agree with the others, don't sell the 1.96. Just keep all three! They're all different watches watches for different occassions.

Can't wait to see the pictures. Congrats again!

Ryan

Respond to this message   
Yong
(Login hohsiang)

Now the photo......threesome

November 14 2006, 7:17 AM 

Not the best night shooting.....but hope all can enjoy...

Respond to this message   
RyanS.
(Login RyanS.)
PP Discussion Group

Thanks for sharing. You have a nice collection of Chopards coming along...

November 14 2006, 11:16 PM 

Congrats on your all your Chopards...I really like your Fleurier...

Thanks for sharing.

Ryan

Respond to this message   

bernardcheong
(Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

Awright!!! I feel that Chopard really knows how to create watches that contrast with each

November 16 2006, 4:17 PM 

and yet remain "family". Look at the mighty Mille Mig next to the sophisticated LUCs...the LUC flr has got it 100% RIGHT.

I hate to say it, but in the REAL world, if Patek made such a fabulous design, the watch will be sold out, and now selling above list. But soon, people will get to hear of how good the LUCs are becoming.

Anyway, if Patek made the same watch, at the same level of finish..it would be 3x the price.

Respond to this message   
georgeho
(Login georgeho)
AP Discussion Group

NIce Fleurier!

November 19 2006, 8:24 AM 

Congrats! I bought mine in HK 3 weeks ago and must admit it holds up well when placed side by side with my Lange 1 ( my other dress watch which cost more than twice as much ). The dial design is extremely well conceived .Love the hands ,the applied markers on the grey ring .A truly simple watch with great detailing and the first from the Qualite Foundation! I was sold the moment I held it on my wrist . What number did you get / 250? ( just curious ) Wear it in good health .

Respond to this message   

bernardcheong
(Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

I have the 166

November 20 2006, 12:36 AM 

It is a remarkably beautiful work of art. In fact, as beautiful as some of the balck MOP watches I have seen.

Respond to this message   
georgeho
(Login georgeho)
AP Discussion Group

Mine 25/250

November 20 2006, 4:54 AM 

and thanks Bernard for your generous advice always .

Respond to this message   
Yong
(Login hohsiang)

Mine is 188/250

November 20 2006, 6:16 AM 

a later version....

Am enjoying the beautiful dial every time I look at the watch...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page