<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Minure repeater

November 13 2006 at 10:31 PM
Wim  (Login bon092)

Hi,

I have a subscription on the german magazin "Uhren" and there was an article of Chopard. In that article there was a small picture of a few LUC movements (including the new chronograph) and one of them I think was of a minute repeater (I think). The gongs were clearly visible and the bridge was engraved LUC. There was no guidence text to the picture or in the article.

Does anybody know more of this watch?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

MTF
(Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
Admin

Not quite a minute repeater >>

November 14 2006, 7:58 AM 

Sone time back on this website (use SEARCH) we had a posting about the new Chopard striker. I think it was around March 2006 during the Swiss shows.

Unless you meant one of these:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/125829/thread/1149848275/Chopard+firts+minute+repeater

Regards, MTF

This message has been edited by MelvynTeillolFoo on Nov 14, 2006 8:10 AM

Respond to this message   

ThomasM
(Premier Login thepurist178)
AP Discussion Group

quite an interesting piece and complication. And priced surprisingly

November 14 2006, 11:14 AM 

affordably for a "striking" timepiece.

Though it is far from a repeater.

My memory is too defective for me to comment further, perhaps you can get and share some more current specifics on this model?

Thanks,

TM

Respond to this message   

MTF
(Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
Admin

LUC Strike One >>

November 15 2006, 4:36 AM 

Karl-Friedrich Scheufele commented that this was Chopard's rehearsal to study minute repeater technology. it's their 1st strike at striking watches

The LUC Strike One is a modular hour striker based on their 1.96 movement. It can be set to strike the hours in passing or silent mode. The module and gongs are made "in-house" as a subsidiary project whilst most manufacture efforts have gone towards refining the LUC-based chronograph.

Regards, MTF

Respond to this message   

MTF
(Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
Admin

Photo from Chopard (inside) >>

November 15 2006, 8:25 PM 

LUC Strike One
This watch is a limited edition of 100 pieces cased in 18K white gold. Like all L.U.C watches with a seconds indication, this watch is chronometer (COSC) certified.

The dial and the hands are in gold. At 10 o’clock, a pusher turns the hour strike mechanism on or off. A music note at 12 o’clock shows if the mechanism is set on striking or silent mode.

Regards, MTF

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page