<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Pleasant Experience....

November 30 2006 at 5:15 PM
Syam  (Login thecarthaginian)

A good Kuala Lumpur morning to all,

I haven't posted for quite a while due to my ever increasing work load (and also falling productivity on my part). However, I felt compelled to share my pleasant experience at the Chopard booth during the recently concluded Conquest of Time exhibition here in KL.

In short, I was just admiring the LUC pieces in their displays when a certain Patrick Wherli came up to share his vast knowledge on the LUC pieces (a good 10-15 minutes worth). For example, I didn't know that none of their LUC automatic pieces have power reserves. Power reserves are only for their manual wind watches. Which in a way makes sense - since constant wear of automatics will keep them wound and hence will not die down (more so when you consider the LUC's twin and sometime quad barrel movements!!!!).

But what struck me most was that the good monsieur Patrick approached me even when I was dressed rather (okay, extremely) casually - I was wearing faded boot-cut jeans, collared Hard Rock t-shirt (with skulls on it!!!) and Adidas trainers (I was actually just killing time while my car was being serviced). Oh and my VC Overseas as well I'll definitely look him up if I return to Geneva.

I have to say that I'm now ever closer to buying another Chopard watch - an LUC Sport or Pro One. I have been procrastinating because I didn't really feel compelled to buy another high end time-only watch (I'm in the market for a dual time watch - but none really appeal to me yet).

Kind regards,

Syam

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

MTF
(Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
Admin

Indeed, and more about LUC >>

November 30 2006, 6:44 PM 

Patrick Wehrli is very passionate when talking about the LUC range of Chopard. He is a trained and experienced watchmaker who has worked at Audemars Piguet (CH and USA) and Girard-Perregaux (CH) before switching to LUC Chopard. Of course, he had no choice in being a watchmaker since there are genetic and environmental factors ; his father is Martin Wehrli - the walking oracle of AP!

The LUC range is the ace in the sleeve of Karl-Friedrich Schuefele (Co-President Chopard) since the first Manufacture movement in 1996 - LUC 1.96. The project started as a secret collaboration with Parmigiani in 1994 as ASP94 (Association Schuefele Parmigiani). Both companies needed a new automatic movement. In 1995, objectives diverged and Chopard took complete project responsibility. The LUC 16/1860/2 watch won 'Watch of the Year 1997', in recognition of the fast, professional, technical development (true micro-rotor that actually works) and (most importantly) a really beautiful movement and watch design. The finishing and classic design is legendary. Frankly, at that time, it outshone everything in the classic, slim, automatic, gold wristwatch category; not even the Big-4 had an answer - they still don't!

Regards, MTF

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page