Return to Index  

Mary Jane Lamond releases "Storas"

July 14 2005 at 8:18 AM
Michael McKay 

(This was emailed to me)

A’ Chàiraidean (Friends)

For Immediate Release:

Mary Jane Lamond releases her fifth recording “Storas”

Mary Jane Lamond is a sharer of songs, stories and spirit and her latest recording " Storas” (Gaelic meaning "a treasure"), is a beautiful interpretation of some of the Scottish Gaelic songs that have become part of Nova Scotia’s Gaelic tradition. Her spell binding vocals and heartfelt delivery are complemented by modern instrumentation and arrangements – the combination makes these beautiful old songs truly come alive for the listener.

“A true collaboration, the arrangements for the songs sprang from the creativity of the wonderful musicians who tour with me and were skillfully captured by my long-time producer Phil Strong. The arrangements were driven by our desire to let these beautiful songs breathe, and as a result we used primarily acoustic guitar and hand percussion along with the fiddle and bass. I love to sing these songs and I hope that people enjoy listening to them,” says Mary Jane of her fifth recording.

Mary Jane is a knowledgeable, admired and reputable musician within the domestic and international ‘world music’ market, a leader in the preservation of Celtic heritage, and an expert in Celtic culture and Gaelic music. She has earned several Juno and East Coast Music Award nominations and awards for her recordings; Orain Ghaidh (2000), Suas e!(1998), and Lan Duil(1997) and has composed and produced tracks for television, feature films, and specialty projects.

Storas, released nationally on turtlemusik through Distribution Fusion III and is available at all fine retailers or can be ordered on-line at http://www.fusion3.com.

For more information on Mary Jane, visit http://www.maryjanelamond.com

Contact Information:

Jones & Co.

Sheri Jones Tel: 902.429.9005

sherijonesy@cs.com

Shelley Nordstrom Tel: 902.876.8987

snordstrom@ns.sympatico.ca

Respond to this message   
[Previous board] [Next board]

� 1997 steer_family@hotmail.com