I Miss Christmas So Much!November 8 2006 at 10:18 PM
|FREE2Bme (Login free2Bme2)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
I am really looking forward to celebrating this year, but then some of the indoctrination creeps back into my head, and today I have been wondering if Christmas has been ruined for me. I remember the closeness in my family. There was such a warm feeling towards others(not to say only at Christmas time) but for anyone who has celebrated you probably know what I mean. I always had a manger, sent out religious cards to those who were christians, and at least for me, felt close to God. There is one thing i would Like to mention that bothered me for a long time as a JW, but of course I would always try to push this thought far from my mind. Well here it goes(I have never told anyone this) but being raised as a Catholic and then going to other churches with my family while growing up I felt very close to GOD, but didn't feel as close to Him while being a JW! THAT IS THE TRUTH and I finally got it out! I have never been able to pinpoint exactly why, but I think it's because of the lack of love towards those of other religions and towards those who cannot live up to the standards of the society. Sometimes, I feel as if I have lost my easy-going anyone can talk to me personality and at other times I know it's still there. Well, just felt like sharing. I needed to get some of this off my shoulders!
Thanks for listening!!!!
|This message has been edited by free2Bme2 from IP address 126.96.36.199 on Nov 8, 2006 10:20 PM|
- My experience - ben47 on Nov 9, 2006, 6:51 AM
- my x-mas tree is UP! - sarah on Nov 9, 2006, 5:47 PM
- That's me. - Roxi on Nov 14, 2006, 9:23 AM
- I felt the same way - Briannon on Nov 9, 2006, 5:48 PM
- Hi Briannon - free2Bme on Nov 9, 2006, 8:03 PM
- I'm Back...... - free2Bme on Nov 9, 2006, 10:11 PM
- Wow - Briannon on Nov 10, 2006, 5:33 AM
- Still don't like Xmas - Win84 on Nov 13, 2006, 8:35 AM
- Jehovah's Witnesses Make me Sick - Anonymous on Nov 28, 2006, 11:24 PM
- I Love Christmas! - fabulous on Dec 3, 2006, 12:13 PM