Return to index  

I Miss Christmas So Much!

November 8 2006 at 10:18 PM
  (Login free2Bme2)
from IP address 64.136.27.226

I am really looking forward to celebrating this year, but then some of the indoctrination creeps back into my head, and today I have been wondering if Christmas has been ruined for me. I remember the closeness in my family. There was such a warm feeling towards others(not to say only at Christmas time) but for anyone who has celebrated you probably know what I mean. I always had a manger, sent out religious cards to those who were christians, and at least for me, felt close to God. There is one thing i would Like to mention that bothered me for a long time as a JW, but of course I would always try to push this thought far from my mind. Well here it goes(I have never told anyone this) but being raised as a Catholic and then going to other churches with my family while growing up I felt very close to GOD, but didn't feel as close to Him while being a JW! THAT IS THE TRUTH and I finally got it out! I have never been able to pinpoint exactly why, but I think it's because of the lack of love towards those of other religions and towards those who cannot live up to the standards of the society. Sometimes, I feel as if I have lost my easy-going anyone can talk to me personality and at other times I know it's still there. Well, just felt like sharing. I needed to get some of this off my shoulders!
Thanks for listening!!!!

This message has been edited by free2Bme2 from IP address 64.136.27.226 on Nov 8, 2006 10:20 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. My experience - ben47 on Nov 9, 6:51 AM
  3. my x-mas tree is UP! - sarah on Nov 9, 5:47 PM
    1. That's me. - Roxi on Nov 14, 9:23 AM

4. I felt the same way - Briannon on Nov 9, 5:48 PM
    1. Hi Briannon - free2Bme on Nov 9, 8:03 PM
    2. I'm Back...... - free2Bme on Nov 9, 10:11 PM
      1. Wow - Briannon on Nov 10, 5:33 AM

5. Still don't like Xmas - Win84 on Nov 13, 8:35 AM
  7. Jehovah's Witnesses Make me Sick - Anonymous on Nov 28, 11:24 PM
    1. I Love Christmas! - fabulous on Dec 3, 12:13 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement