Return to index  

time

December 2 2007 at 7:52 PM
(Login Huskey777)
Everyone
from IP address 24.21.216.43

It is so amazing to me how in the blink of an eye your life can change. My daughter and I were settled in waiting for this big ol' storm to hit the area, feeling safe in our home. My daughter was taking a shower, and I was downstairs doing laundry. I heard a big thud-thud-thud, and a very loud "oooowwweeeyyy! I ran upstairs and went into the bathroom and she had fallen in the shower. Blood was everywhere, spurting from her neck area and running down her little body. I almost lost it. But I took a deep breath, got some towels, told her to put her head in the shower so I could see what was wrong. She screamed in pain, and I could see that she had hit her chin and it was a big gaping wound. Blood spurting everywhere.

My husband was out and I had to be all calm and collected. Whatever! At that moment, I would have done anything to stop her pain and make her better. Anything. Got her out and dried and dressed, and to the hospital for stitches, 7 plus one internal, and we are home again, and we just keep looking at each other as if to say, "Yeah, just one second, that was all it took. And everything is different. We were lucky. One inch this way or that and it could have been way worse.

I love her so much, and the thought of anything happening to her just makes me crazy. Just wanted to say that at this time of year, take that extra moment to share how you feel about someone. Just a few seconds to stop and say I love you.

Life is so precious, and we just don't know from one moment to the next. L

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. whoa - Randy on Dec 2, 2007, 8:11 PM
  3. I really - hbeing on Dec 2, 2007, 11:23 PM
    1. Oohh ... THUD. - Roxanne on Dec 3, 2007, 2:30 PM

4. So True - Newhappiness on Dec 3, 2007, 6:18 AM
  6. Re: Time - Thomas FLoyd on Dec 4, 2007, 2:13 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement