I finished it.January 19 2008 at 11:51 AM
|Elizabeth Cooper (Login Elizabethisme)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Crises of Conscience. I have a lot of information to assimilate (borg talk there) Some of this I have been aware of on a congragational level. I remember the feelings at my own trial at the tender age of 18 being told that my "witnesses" were not valid as they were not JW's and that left only my accusor's (man and wife, one flesh, not two witnesses right?) to testify against me.
And when you have a JW against you, you are condemned. I remember wanting to be back and when I went back the emptyness was everywhere. It no longer FELT like my service had Jehovah's blessing. But now, now is different.
That book closed a lot of doors for me. Opened even more. After a few days, and I sleep on the information I have just taken in, I may have a lot to say. Then again, I may remain completely silent. I have to admit however, that this book has definately affected me and my viewpoints.
I used to believe, and now I am not sure what it was. I certainly never believed that the bOrg was able to mediate between me and my creator. I had never even heard such a thing. Where was I during this message? If I had of heard that piece of information, it would not have been hard to leave and there would have been no qualms about it.
So anyway, here I am, Elizabeth, that's me, and JW's is just another religion.
- Hi I am new here - Velta on Jan 19, 2008, 3:30 PM
- Welcome - Lin on Jan 20, 2008, 4:32 AM
- It is worth reading. - Elizabeth Cooper on Jan 20, 2008, 7:23 AM
- Thanks for your welcome - Velta on Jan 20, 2008, 1:08 PM
- Nice to meet you! ...and a belated Happy New Year! - Alberta Mike on Jan 20, 2008, 8:18 AM
- The WT and the Bible - Velta on Jan 20, 2008, 1:16 PM
- I can so relate! - win84 on Jan 26, 2008, 11:43 AM
- Re: I can so relate! - whimsy 51 on Jan 29, 2008, 8:57 PM
- Velta - Thomas FLoyd on Jan 20, 2008, 8:56 PM
- Hi Velta - Sheryl Lynn on Jan 22, 2008, 8:13 AM
- I am new here too! - MaggieButterly on Jan 25, 2008, 10:07 PM
- Welcome Maggie - Thomas FLoyd on Jan 26, 2008, 5:57 AM
- Hello Maggiebutterfly - win84 on Jan 26, 2008, 3:58 PM
- Re: I am new here too! - whimsy 51 on Jan 29, 2008, 9:03 PM
- Re: Hi I am new here - whimsy 51 on Jan 29, 2008, 8:55 PM
- Finding books - win84 on Jan 30, 2008, 3:15 PM
- Re: Finding books - maxine on Jan 30, 2008, 7:46 PM
- Welcome Elizabeth - Sheryl Lynn on Jan 20, 2008, 7:17 AM
- As long - Elizabeth Cooper on Jan 20, 2008, 7:26 AM
- In retrospect, - Elizabeth Cooper on Jan 20, 2008, 8:54 AM
- Wasted Years - Thomas FLoyd on Jan 21, 2008, 5:08 AM
- I just can't see them - Roxi on Jan 21, 2008, 6:43 AM
- Exactly - Thomas FLoyd on Jan 21, 2008, 10:15 PM
- Welcome - Paul on Jan 20, 2008, 5:02 PM
- Ready for the next one? - win84 on Jan 21, 2008, 5:45 PM
- Thank you. - Elizabeth Cooper on Jan 21, 2008, 7:16 PM