Return to index  

Welcome

January 30 2008 at 3:27 PM
Lin  (Login Linnz)
Everyone
from IP address 122.57.8.252

Response to frustration, disbelief, anger

with a great big hug!!

I really agree with what everyone else has said. Also understand how you feel about 'losing' 28 years of your life. I was raised as a witness and never finally left until I was 40 years old. I am 60 now. For a long time I felt just like you. I still believed what the witnesses taught but knew I could never go back because I had seen so much dishonesty, hypocrisy and lack of love. However, I now believe I have a relationship with God. I don't go to church but don't feel I have to do that. I also no longer believe that the witnesses have the 'truth'.

I think a lot of what we feel when we leave is grief. After all, we have lost something which had been an important part of our lives. Grieving takes time and surrounding yourself with people who care about you and doing things that are meaningful, (and having FUN!) are an important part of the healing process. At least, that is what helped me.

Keep coming back to this site. The people here are wonderful and very understanding and caring.

Love
Lin

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Welcome - maxine on Jan 30, 2008, 7:33 PM
    1. Yes - Lin on Jan 31, 2008, 2:47 AM
      1. Re: Yes - maxine on Jan 31, 2008, 11:24 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement