Return to index  

Thanks for asking.

February 2 2008 at 10:24 AM
Roxi  (Login RodentWhoIsChilly)
Friends
from IP address 208.31.41.66

Response to Re: I feel waffley about this question.

I didn't stop believing right away.

At first, I knew I had to take a break from thinking about religion, and I figured if God/Jehovah was a deity worth his salt, he wouldn't mind me taking a break from him, too. I mean, if He's got such a fragile ego that He must be thought about constantly, maybe He needed therapy more than I did. So I figured it was no skin off His nose.

As I thought about things, I realized that for any god to be so concerned that everyone's genitals are married to the right genitals, or to kill a child because his parents were the wrong religion, but to be completely blasé about women being beaten for their own rape, or children being tortured or starved to death by big governments ... well, I didn't want any part of that. But, where did we all come from? That was the only reason I held onto God.

Then, I eventually went back to school and took a reading-intensive course on evolution. Eyes and scales parted ways. God's existence just raised more questions than it took care of.

After a while, all the mythologies seemed pretty equivalent to me.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. No wonder they didn't want us to get a higher education - Sheryl Lynn on Feb 2, 11:35 AM
    1. Exactly right. - Roxi on Feb 2, 11:40 AM
      1. Yup - Hojon on Feb 2, 6:19 PM
    2. Re: No wonder they didn't want us to get a higher education - maxine on Feb 2, 12:33 PM
      1. I'm curious to know - hbeing on Feb 2, 2:46 PM
    3. Re: ooops , accidentally posted this twice...don't know how i did that - maxine on Feb 2, 12:35 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement