Return to index  

Early morning ramblings

September 23 2008 at 4:32 AM
Sheryl Lynn  (Login Sheryllynn)
Everyone
from IP address 72.129.194.222

Response to I've always wondered about that

I guess I always thought of it that God punishes people by withdrawing his protection if they disobey him. That leaves them open to more Satanic influence. And anything that is not Godly is Satanic. I never saw it as Satan punishing people. He was just out there tricking them. Clevely disguising him self as all sorts of fun stuff to get people to sin and follow him. God's punishment is then just to let Satan have us because Satan really isn't fun he is evil and eternal fire and all that stuff and he will show his real stuff once he has tricked us.

Yes, I know it doesn't make any sense. But that is how I guess I sort of used to view it. It took God off the hook. At least in my head, at the time, it did.

But, would a loving parent ever withdraw protection??? I don't think so. Jehovah is not a loving god at all. Neither is the god of mainstream Christianity. That is why they have Jesus. Jesus is loving. What loving parent sacrifices their child for the sake of a bunch of disobedient strangers? Makes no sense to me.

Well I got sort of off track. Its just early morning (probably not enough sleep) ramblings.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement