How did you let go of the end of the world?October 6 2011 at 8:33 AM
|tizzle (Login shywolf)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
It's been many years since I posted on here, one thing I have been struggling with is letting go of the idea that at any moment the world is going to end. It seems that line of thinking crossed from the spiritual realm into my personal realm.
After you left did you ever find that you just waited for a situation to go bad, or for someone to magically stop liking you? I know I struggled with that. Did you find it difficult to connect with your feelings and express if you were sad, hurt, or heaven forbid mad???
I didn't leave the religion because I had an AH HA moment that it wasn't true. I left because all of my immediate family was DS'd and I knew that once I turned 18 I would have to choose. So I chose my family.
Here I am 10 years later still struggling to let go that the world is going to end, I see the logical reasons why things don't make sense, but somethings still missing I just can't let the whole idea go entirely.
How did you overcome this?
- Therapy. - Roxanne on Oct 6, 5:05 PM
- Re: How did you let go of the end of the world? - Sheryl Lynn on Oct 6, 5:35 PM
- Fear was the key - Oldtrekkie on Oct 8, 9:31 AM
- You're right - tizzle on Oct 11, 7:09 AM
- Look at the bright side - Jeff Thomas on Oct 10, 6:21 PM
- Armagedon - Thomas FLoyd on Oct 11, 5:33 AM
- Re: How did you let go of the end of the world? - TinyDancer124 on Oct 12, 11:32 AM
- I know - hbeing on Oct 12, 12:46 PM
- Guess you'all - hbeing on Oct 13, 11:37 AM
- Darn old age - Sheryl Lynn on Oct 13, 12:55 PM
- I can relate - tizzle on Oct 24, 12:07 PM
- Well.. - Briannon on Oct 13, 11:13 AM
- Open your heart for the force of life - DD75 on Oct 15, 11:38 AM
- My guess ... - DD75 on Oct 15, 11:57 AM
- Re: How did you let go of the end of the world? - debx on Aug 28, 8:55 AM