<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

It was dumb, but I tried anyway

March 11 2012 at 5:08 PM
DocT  (Login DocT)
Everyone
from IP address 66.68.52.39

Most of you will just laugh at me over this.

I called someone I hadn't spoken to in 15 years or so. A dub. Just wanted to say I still cared, wished her family the best etc.

You can imagine how it went. As far as context goes, this is someone who is in her 60s now, a grandma, it's purely a friendship. But I genuinely loved her, and a few of her close friends, way back when.

Once the conversation turned to 'So how are you doing with Jehovah', I was honest but all the soft-pedaling in the world couldn't forestall the change in tone. There were only minutes until the hangup.

I have no capacity to be so false as to beg a quick reinstatement or lie about my df'd status. It would be utterly insincere and would ultimately do more harm than good. I guess I'm at a point where my fondest wish is to have the love I once did for my best friends; have it reciprocated, that is.

Is that so much to ask? Apparently so.

Doc

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
LB
(Login littlebearwithlotsofhair)
Everyone

Good try

March 11 2012, 7:28 PM 

I know what you mean.I would love to check in on some but I know it is pointless. Oh well life goes on....

lb

Respond to this message   
Roxi
(Login RodentWhoIsChilly)
Friends

Gave some cousins the same chance.

March 22 2012, 10:31 PM 

We moved through my father's hometown to scatter ashes and I got in touch with some cousins. One branch seemed glad to see me, the other wouldn't meet me even to say "sorry your father croaked." We were never close, but I wanted to be the bigger man.

Roxanne

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - It was dumb, but I tried anyway
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement