Return to index  

Might interest Carlos: Lindt Origine single country cocoa chocolate

October 20 2001 at 9:10 AM
Hans Zbinden  (no login)

Hello W&S Forumners

My city's best delicatessen at any given time holds speciality weeks. Currently the theme is "A Taste of Africa", you can sample different specialties, South African wines are offered at a lowered price and there's all kinds of African food available. I visited yesterday, tried a very tasty dish that was prepared with a hot curry paste on offer and picked up a bottle of Brampton Cabernet-Merlot which turned out to be quite pleasant for the discounted price of about $8.

On my way out I noticed a table stacked with chocolate bars and I naturally went to investigate. The lady there was passing out tasters of very black Lindt chocolate which I'd never seen before. Turned out that the two flavors were made out cocoa beans from either Madagascar or Ghana with 50 and 60 % cocoa percentage. Apparently these chocolates are usually only sold in France where black chocolate is very popular but Lindt bought in 1,000 bars for the Africa weeks. I bought one of each and have been snacking on them today, both are very full flavored, especially the 60 % Ghana which is not sweet and offers a long pleasant aftertaste. Both were $ 1.60 per 100 g bar.

Regards

Hans

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page