Return to index  

I have tried the Tattinger...

November 23 2001 at 4:42 AM
Saturn  (no login)

Response to Ever tried the Taittinger Comte de Champagne Rose? or the Dom Perrignon Rose?

(I think they only make the one, but could be wrong), but have not tasted the Dom Perignon Rose.

I very much like rose champagne. There was a time, and this could have just been my askew perception, when imbibing "pink fizz" was not at all the done thing (not that it stopped me). There still seems, and this is probably still just me, a very slight stigma attached in the public consciousness to drinking rose champagne.

I love champagne, even more so than wine probably, and roses make a pleasant change of pace.

Another two roses that I have found to be nice are the Krug Rose - beautifully delicate and elegant – and the Billecart-Salmon Rose (I actually reacquainted myself with this champagne on someone on this board’s recommendation). The Billecart-Salmon is brilliant value (still not inexpensive at $45), but it is a well made wine and Billecart-Salmon have been buying more vineyard space and constantly improving as to where they source grapes from, which makes for really nice wines.

I haven’t had champagne for donkey’s ages and feel I am long overdue for a reminder.

Andrew,

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page