Return to index  

Richard, thanks for putting the words to thoughts that are always in the back of my mind.

October 7 2002 at 4:11 PM

ThomasM  (Premier Login thepurist178)
Forum Owner

Response to At least Bob Parker's honest,

This is one of the motivators for me to start ThePuristS - that, especially with the advent of the internet, there is too much information but too little knowledge.

We here on ThePuristS are often accused of being too philosophical, but I think too often, our philosophy about experiencing, learning, and sharing is too quickly dismissed as being philosophical.

Most recent newer "aficionados" read the words, but seldom appreciate the meaning. The irony is that, along with the dot com boom (the bust has yet to really show the depth of its impact) came tremendous overnight wealth, which allowed many new fans to actually OWN the luxury items. What is ironic is that even though they "own" the bottles (or watches or cars or...) they are still, for the most part, living vicariously through the eyes and ears and tastebuds of the experts and critics.

Of course, there are the other character types, those that know a little, talk a lot, and pay no respect to anyone, but that's a whole 'nother rant.

Glad to have you with us, Richard.

Best regards,

TM

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page