Return to index  

Uh, I don't have one ...

July 26 2004 at 7:00 PM
  (no login)

Response to Above $20

Hi Kevin.

Okay... I'm going to have to come clean.

I almost never spend over $20 on a bottle of wine. Not because I don't think it is worth it, but because of simple economics... I can't afford to. I guess some of my watch money comes out of my wine budget. A man has to have his priorities aligned.

So, my wine purchases are almost always under $10 and I am not ashamed to say that I drink a lot of $7 bottles of Australian and Chilean wine. I like a good balance of quality/quantity and would rather drink 3 or 4 bottles of $7 wine each week than a single $30 bottle or 2 $15 bottles.

The Rosemount "Hill of Gold" is one of very few wines that will get me to spend over $10... it is simply delicious. On those special occasions where other folks might break out a truly extraordinary bottle I pour "Hill of Gold."

Perhaps I should have called it "my favorite over $10 bottle" rather than "my favorite under $20 bottle."

Dean.

Dean's Axiom: Life is too short to drink bad wine... and far too short to not drink wine all the time.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page